• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I recently moved to Parkton and my commute to work takes me close enough to Duffy's that it is dangerous. Definitely an excellent shop with a bunch of great people.

Hjaalmarch

Jan 7, 2014
    I've only been there once but I had a good experience with them. They seemed right on the money with knowledge and pricing.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I am going to Duffy's this week when my 7 day wait is over. Wonder if I can resist the temptation to get something else...

EODJoe

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Jan 15, 2013
    Carroll County
    Duffy's is the only shop I will deal with anymore. I've made several purchases form them in the past few years and always had a good experience. Vince helped me with all of the paperwork for my suppressor and while he couldn't make it any faster he certainly made it simpler. All of the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable and John their gunsmith is fantastic. I have had a couple of different projects done and the work is top quality.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I've been there twice. Once to do the paperwork on the FREE Sparrow I won from them and another to pick it up.

Did I say FREE?

Duffy's is great.

DBoss90

Feb 2, 2015
    Reisterstown, MD.
    Duffy's is top of the line. Only shop I purchase from anymore. Vince is a great guy and their gunsmith is pretty cool too. Came in the other day to have sights put on a glock thought I'd have to leave it a day, did it right there 5-10 min. Great inventory and ammo selection. I never walk out w/o making purchase.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Duffy's is top of the line. Only shop I purchase from anymore. Vince is a great guy and their gunsmith is pretty cool too. Came in the other day to have sights put on a glock thought I'd have to leave it a day, did it right there 5-10 min. Great inventory and ammo selection. I never walk out w/o making purchase.

That's what scares me too.

Feb 28, 2013
    Duffy's is a damn fine shop to buy from. They have good memories for names and faces there. Customer service like what they offer is hard to find anymore, especially in a gun shop.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Duffy's is a damn fine shop to buy from. They have good memories for names and faces there. Customer service like what they offer is hard to find anymore, especially in a gun shop.

This is true. I went almost a year between visits and Vince not only recognized me but put my face to my screen name as he got a dig in about something I posted :lol2:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    DO NOT GO TO DUFFY'S

There is a reason for Vince's screen name on this forum. :D

I shop at 3 stores. Duffy's is one.

The other two are different, but also good. And also IPs here.

Lou at Shooter's Discount

And the ladies at The Bank.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I don't know if I should have made a thread about this, but I didn't know how else to go about it- I just wanted to get this out to the community:

Duffy's may be out in the styx a bit, but I am not kidding when I say it is the best gun shop I have ever frequented.

I recently did a couple transactions with the folks there, Vince in particular, and I just wanted to share my experience, as it has been frankly incredible.

First off I bombarded him with like a million private messages, and he responded to every single one quickly and efficiently with the answers I needed, and he was more than willing to work with me on all issues of transfer, pricing, mag issues, product issues and resolution (of which there have not been any, but he was willing to allay my fears) etc.

I am not joking when I say I must have sent him like 55 emails just on this last group of transactions, and he responded to every single one.

Not only that, but to make sure that I could shoot the rifle I bought the same day, he gave me a deal on a mag that the company I bought from did not include, and agreed to send the replacement to me when it showed up at his shop, just so I wouldn't have to drive out a second time.

He also was nice enough to let me fondle and drool over all the guns in the store while filling out my paperwork, and everyone there is not just knowledgeable but friendly, and they are GUN PEOPLE, not just people trying to run a business

anyways, even after all the trouble leading up to the finish, all for the paltry pay off of the price of a transfer, he even knocked off some cash since I was doing more than one transfer at once.

Anyways, point is they are happy to meet you more than halfway- check them out.

Any others experience with duffy's, post here
    So how long have you been working for them?:D

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    My three favorite FFLs right now are

A1Uniform and Supply
    Duffys
    High Rock

Unfortunately all of them are travel time (though A1 is the closest geographically).

Almost all of the good gun stores in central MD have closed.

RAF

MDS Supporter
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bought my first handgun from them back in '83, a Ruger Security Six. They also had a store in Catonsville at the time.

Wiseguy59

Sep 10, 2013
    Northern Balto. County
    I sent my cousin there a over a year ago for a handgun and two suppressors and my son did a transfer there a month or so ago. It's only about 15 minutes south for me, so it's location places me in "The Danger Zone". :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom