• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    after twenty seven years it looks like i will be moving out of Maryland, an offer has been accepted on a property minutes from I81 exit 12(location undisclosed for now).

i am into hunting and fishing and other outdoors sports as well may be looking for a local spot to shoot, any suggestions for any of these things would be great. i know about sleepy creek, but that is about it. i am a member of the washington co Izaak Walton, but will be a bit of a drive.

thanks for any help:party29:

john

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I am familiar with that Martinaburg area. There is a place near Harpers Ferry and also westlance training center but it might be a drive. Tango down in hedgesville is supposed to be good too. I have looked all over tri-state area for ranges. These are the only ones can think of right now.

bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    Welcome to the neighborhood! I'm at exit 5, pass thru exit 12 every day to/from my day job.

Sleepy Creek is pretty much shut down, it's shotgun only now. Otherwise, there's Valley Guns II in Inwood (indoor), Peacemaker in Gerrardstown, Glock Cop off exit 8, Tango Down in Hedgesville, and 340 Defense in Charles Town.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    after twenty seven years it looks like i will be moving out of Maryland, an offer has been accepted on a property minutes from I81 exit 12(location undisclosed for now).

i am into hunting and fishing and other outdoors sports as well may be looking for a local spot to shoot, any suggestions for any of these things would be great. i know about sleepy creek, but that is about it. i am a member of the washington co Izaak Walton, but will be a bit of a drive.

thanks for any help:party29:

john

Peacemaker is down route 45 probably 20-25 minutes from you. Went there yesterday and thought it was great. The membership price is pretty good-200/year, or 15$ per day for the public range.

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    Thanks for all the responses guys! My closing date is May 9th, but I won't move till after the boys are out of school in June.

Looking forward to moving.

John

white rabbitt

Feb 27, 2013
    Is it true that West Virginia farmers tie ropes to their potato plants so come harvest time they only need to yank on said ropes and the potatoes roll down the mountain sides and into sacks ?

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    Valley guns 2 in inwood for gun needs and peace maker national training center in glengary for shooting.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    There's a lot of nice places in WV. (deleted)

Last edited:

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    Both the novel and the film versions of "Deliverance" are set in Georgia, so only those who are ill-informed about literature, cinema and geography conflate WV with that milieu .

As far as sodomy, however, it is the state of MD that chose to dignify that institution with the title of holy matrimony, so think again about who the joke is on.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I'm actually pretty happy for the folks moving to WV. I just think if they are moving west and keeping their job here in the Baltimore-Washington area, they are not really leaving MD.

On the other hand, the Deliverance reference was uncalled for and I do apologize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom