With OnTarget starting to releasing after 7 days now who will be next?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    Will someone answer a question? 3

Is OnTarget releasing in 7 days, yes or no?

Or is this a pathetic publicity stunt?

Call them and ask ... It is not a PATHETIC publicity stunt as you say .. but understand that they will probrably release those that have been waiting the longest before they release any that are recently bought in my own opinion .

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    I think one who is in the ffl bussiness claiming to be threatened by customers to release regulated firearms after 7 days without any proof of said harassment are asshats and dicks.

There is nothing wrong with expecting ffls to release firearms after 7 days while still following the law. Read neither breaking or disregarding the law. We as buyers can chose to purchase from any ffl that is following the law and releasing regulated firearms after seven days. This make us neither an asshat nor dicks. To label us so makes you an asshat and a dick.

No one here is harassing any ffl. If they do so, the ffl is within his right to cancel and refund the buyers money. This makes neither the ffl or buyers asshats or dick.

Please get of your high horse and stop acting like an asshat or a dick.

We are on the same side. We all have our freedom to make legal choices. I support the choice of ffls to wait for the MSP ND as I also support buyers to chose to purchase from flls that follow the law and legally release firearms after seven days.

YEs as Buyers you have a choice ...

But FFL's have been getting harssed and I am sure by people on this forum .

YOu are making alot of assuming quite a bit here ..

We are not all on the same side when you make comments like you have and nobody is on a high horse ..

Understand ..they MAY release ... nothing says they have to and if they choose to use caution that is well within thier rights to do it ..

If a bad guy got ahold of a gun when they were not suppose to and do something bad with it guess what ! We will be fighting again over new laws and loosing because someone abused whats going on ..

And nice first post as well . :sad20:

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Call them and ask ... It is not a PATHETIC publicity stunt as you say .. but understand that they will probrably release those that have been waiting the longest before they release any that are recently bought in my own opinion .

Ok, so it's half true.

New Title: "OnTArget will start to release product after they release X number (200 backlog) - so on July X, you will get product in 7 days."

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Nope, it is done from scratch each time.

Thanks again for the additional info.

Am thinking MSP should know a record was clean purely based on the last ND date. Hopefully they don’t bother to re-research any stuff that clearly could not have possibly changed (like juvenile record). Anyway, they do what they do... we are stuck having to deal with it.

This was from another member. I'm just to dumb to figure out how to multi qoute. :) SNIP

Took me a bit to figure out multi-quote. It works like this: click the multi-quote button for each quote you want included. For the last quote you want to include, just click quote instead of multi-quote.

One more point to consider for those giving FFL's a hard time: it is not like there is additional profit to be made from sitting on sold inventory. It is just one more liability and hassle to deal with. I guess my point is that it is not like they want to be doing this.

Last edited:

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I think one who is in the ffl bussiness claiming to be threatened by customers to release regulated firearms after 7 days without any proof of said harassment are asshats and dicks.

And who are you to claim they aren't being threatened? Why would an IP come on here and start listing names? This is a ridiculous statement. I have no doubt that people are calling demanding firearms in a threatening manner, especially seeing the discontent in this thread alone. I applaud the FFL's for standing strong because the abuse from this thread alone is horrible.

There is nothing wrong with expecting ffls to release firearms after 7 days while still following the law.

To expect an FFL to release in 7 days in this climate, with all the issues going o, is selfish. You want your gun, but don't care about the outcome of the FFL, or the others waiting too. Plain and simple.

We all know how draconian MD is with what they did this session and people are still bitching and moaning about the FFL's? Lawmakers would love an opportunity to further infringe on the second amendment and I would think we'd step above and work through any possibility to help prevent that. This thread proves that there are 3 sides to the gun debate. The anti's, the true 2A supporters fighting to maintain and regain the foundations of the 2A, and the people that say they are pro 2A but would rather continue complaining about not getting their gun no matter what the outcome is. As long as they are happy.

We are all in the same boat, all discontent with the situation, but many are working through it and dealing with it, focusing on the fight ahead.

thai

May 8, 2013
    A1,
    I am sorry, I only used those terms because it gives ot tossed around so many times it appears this language and mentality is par for the course here. But coming here to complain about buyers and calling them asshats and dick is bad form. You depend on their bussiness. If not cancel their purchase and call it a day. Buyer are co.i g to this forum to search for ffls that do release firearms legally after the senventh day. I am sorry I offended you.

Thai

Mr H

Banana'd
    It was mentioned earlier in the thread, the first post I replied to here mentioned it. And yeah, you're within your right to call up and ask for it since it's after the 7 day wait period. You're within your right to even bitch and complain and tell everyone you know that the business isn't giving in to your demands and is listening to what the cops and their insurance companies say to do instead. Heck, you're even in your rights to try and smear them. People doing that, in this atmosphere, are dicks.

Well said...

One thing I would add, though...

"And it is the FFL's right to tell you to pound sand, and wait for as NICS number from MSP."

Mr H

Banana'd
    Ok, so it's half true.

New Title: "OnTArget will start to release product after they release X number (200 backlog) - so on July X, you will get product in 7 days."

Oh, wait!!!

I'm now on day 8 for my OT purchase!!!

(which is true)

So...... I need to go bust their chops so I can get MY gun from them NOW, and F--- all the poor schlubs who have been waiting 6 and 8 weeks... I DESERVE IT BECAUSE I WANT IT!

Really??????

Please, people... get over yourselves. We are all in this together, and it's really wearing thin.

Private enterprise allows for individual choice. If you don't like it, go find another damned sandbox to crap play in.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    A1,
    I am sorry, I only used those terms because it gives ot tossed around so many times it appears this language and mentality is par for the course here. But coming here to complain about buyers and calling them asshats and dick is bad form. You depend on their bussiness. If not cancel their purchase and call it a day. Buyer are co.i g to this forum to search for ffls that do release firearms legally after the senventh day. I am sorry I offended you.

Thai

AGAIN,WOW, please read the threads and find even ONE TIME that I called anyone an asshat or dick, other than the time I used that phrase describing MYSELF....

You will find that number to be ZERO.

Bad form....:sad20:

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    A1,

Thai

No, A1 and the other posters have been here for quite a while. They come here for many things. Mentioned problems with some customers is just one.

OTOH, you come in here and in your very first post demonstrate rather poor behavior and an inclination to be a turd in the MDS punchbowl.

BTW, "sorry I offended you" is not an apology. An apology would be "sorry I implied that you are an asshat and/or dick."

As penance, you must now explain why your horse is amazing.

(And welcome :party29: )

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    A1uniform from my perspective is the best of the best when it comes to customer service.

I began my first transfer firearm service with them this last week, which several MD FFLs no longer do, and it turned out to be a handgun not on MD handgun roster board.

They were very courteous to me on the phone about this transfer and helped me conclude this purchase in a very satisfactory manner.

They will certainly get my future business.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    Oh, wait!!!

(which is true)

So...... I need to go bust their chops so I can get MY gun from them NOW, and F--- all the poor schlubs who have been waiting 6 and 8 weeks... I DESERVE IT BECAUSE I WANT IT!

Really??????

Please, people... get over yourselves. We are all in this together, and it's really wearing thin.

Private enterprise allows for individual choice. If you don't like it, go find another damned sandbox to crap play in.

You must have read my mind .. thank you :party29:

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Oh, wait!!!
    (which is true)

Really??????

No, it's called do not lie.

Number 1. Do not say OnTarget is getting product to Consumers fast.

(the customer is always right, except in Maryland, the order in this State is : MOM is right first, Gansler, Frosh, MSP, EBT recipients and then FFLs. :D )

Number 2. OnTarget will wait until July X, 2013 when the Backlog is cleared to post up and say our store is getting Product faster to Consumers than the competition.

3. OnTarget, Go buy Advertisements on Radio and TV.

We are on the same team; I'm the first to say it.

We are on the same team.

Hence, don't BS me.

:D

thai

May 8, 2013
    AGAIN,WOW, please read the threads and find even ONE TIME that I called anyone an asshat or dick, other than the time I used that phrase describing MYSELF....

You will find that number to be ZERO.

Bad form....:sad20:

A1,
    My very first post was not ever directed at you. Actually, I didn't even quote you. And I never meant imply you. It was another poster that used that tone and language. I didn't mean for you to believe that I was targeting you.

Now we have a bunch of people coming to your defense and getting butt hurt for you. The terms I used were already being thrown around casually, and you are correct, it was not by you. Again, I never said it was you. I am sorry if you thought it was directed at you.

mcornish86@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Lets be civil and friendly here. Everyone is titled to own opinion. We rnall brothers and sister with the same dream! Getting our firesarms released like they suppose to on 8th day or instant nic checks

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I said it before, Ill say it again.

Fear does not make something a law. There has to be writing, in black and white.

Law, defined by dictionary.com:
    noun
    1. the principles and regulations established in a community by some authority and applicable to its people, whether in the form of legislation or of custom and policies recognized and enforced by judicial decision.
    2. any written or positive rule or collection of rules prescribed under the authority of the state or nation, as by the people in its constitution.
    3. the controlling influence of such rules; the condition of society brought about by their observance: maintaining law and order.

Where the **** in that does it say "a threat by someone" becomes law?

If msp can threaten you and make you go against law, that is tyranny.

Tranny defined by dictionary.com:
    noun plural tyr·an·nies.
    1. arbitrary or unrestrained exercise of power; despotic abuse of authority.
    2. the government or rule of a tyrant or absolute ruler.
    3. a state ruled by a tyrant or absolute ruler.

Its the FFL's lifeline, it puts food on their plates. Ok fine, but tyrants who have an agenda against you will put you away, no matter what. If not today, the tomorrow. One day its going to happen. So some FFL's decide to give in to msp's tyrannical threats that are not supported by law. They are still putting you out of buisness because you cant conduct buisness. Sure theres some that will contiune to buy from the same ffls over and over, but they wont have enough to keep the lights on. The others who are not falling for msp's ********, who are standing up to them, who are conducting buisness and getting even more will continue. They understand the definations of law, tyranny, and what the fed and state laws are regarding firearm transfers. Does it suck? Yes, but thats the way it is. I agree, its the FFL's choice. But its painfully easy to see, shops like OT, SD, Constitutional, etc, are doing good buisness.

Again, the liabiltiy thing. Refer to my previous posts. Please take a step outside your antigun maryland mindset. Look at other states. Its simple. Theres no magic, people in va, pa, nc, az, etc even breathe oxygen just like we do. Theres no difference in the people that creates a magic wall of liability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom