• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The NRA has long written off Maryland as a lost cause.

That was true, until a few months ago. The NRA is back. It is my understanding that they are letting MSI take the 'public' lead (negotiated), but they are still doing the mailings you may have seen recently. We have a new NRA rep here in Maryland, and she's doing a great job from what I'm hearing.

I too was pretty pissed at the NRA about a year ago, felt like I had wasted my money for a life membership, but now they are digging in with us.

Must say, my order of support goes to MSI, SAF, then NRA in that order; for Maryland issues. AGC, GOA and many others are doing an admirable job as well. If nothing else we are getting a lot of politicians to show their true colors, and next election cycle there will no doubt be some house cleaning.

Mar 19, 2011
    Its pathetic and disgusting how these "representatives" act. Its not over. We must fight this tyranny until the very end. These are rights earned with blood and tears and these assholes take it away with a flick of a pen!

wklohr

Stand Ye Steady!
    Jul 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    In the next election cycle, we must be prepared to get actively involved in the election process... the grassroots, ground-pounding, door knocking, hrad work of getting legislators elected that match the philosophies we espouse. Huge portions of the public do not vote. We must get them to the polls.

Silent Hunter

Feb 22, 2013
    That was true, until a few months ago. The NRA is back. It is my understanding that they are letting MSI take the 'public' lead (negotiated), but they are still doing the mailings you may have seen recently. We have a new NRA rep here in Maryland, and she's doing a great job from what I'm hearing.

I too was pretty pissed at the NRA about a year ago, felt like I had wasted my money for a life membership, but now they are digging in with us.

Must say, my order of support goes to MSI, SAF, then NRA in that order; for Maryland issues. AGC, GOA and many others are doing an admirable job as well. If nothing else we are getting a lot of politicians to show their true colors, and next election cycle there will no doubt be some house cleaning.

I am a bona fide gun licensed collector in Maryland. Much of my collection will be effected by SB-281. I am an NRA lifer, and an SAF supporter. I am not aware of the MSI, AGC or GOA. Please tell me more. I am eager to support any organizations I can, as much as I can, to stop SB-281 from making through the Senate next week! Or ever!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I am a bona fide gun licensed collector in Maryland. Much of my collection will be effected by SB-281. I am an NRA lifer, and an SAF supporter. I am not aware of the MSI, AGC or GOA. Please tell me more. I am eager to support any organizations I can, as much as I can, to stop SB-281 from making through the Senate next week! Or ever!

Roger that, hope this helps to point you in the right direction. :)

http://marylandshallissue.org/

http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/

http://gunowners.org/

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I can confirm that NRA has been very involved and I give them a huge amount of credit for taking a back seat. NRA is a four-letter word in MD. Have folks noticed how they got all the credit for Feb 6? Because people will view things a little differently if it were publicized that all-volunteer grassroots groups were doing this much...

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    That was true, until a few months ago. The NRA is back. It is my understanding that they are letting MSI take the 'public' lead (negotiated), but they are still doing the mailings you may have seen recently. We have a new NRA rep here in Maryland, and she's doing a great job from what I'm hearing. ..

I wonder how the NRA is allocating resources and assistance to individual state orgs since there is an assault on 2A in many states at once.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    Hey folks!! I understand the anger and pessimism - I'm pissed off myself at that fiasco last night. But y'all need to...HOLD YOUR F***ING HEADS UP! This ain't over. Not yet. The finish line ain't in sight yet. Not hardly.

So turn this up, sit back for a minute, and friggin' breathe.

Thanks. I needed that!

And this:

"I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once more able to defend our... home, to ride out the storm... and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do... defend to the death [our] native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though... many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the [tryants] and all the odious apparatus of [their] rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight... on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our [rights], whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender..."

(with apologies to Churchill... though I'm sure he would have approved)

Cyndi59

AR-16' ..I like,will it come in 30.06 or 7.62x54 ..??

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    It will soon be time to make a choice: comply and be a slave because we know this is just the next step towards confiscation or we can put into effect the peaceful, non-violent practice of mass civil disobedience.

There is no choice. There can be only one outcome of their agenda, and it is unacceptable.

Dreamquencher

Grammar Nazgûl
    Jan 20, 2013
    Undisclosed Location, MD
    Face it guys, Merry Land is a Communist State like New York, New Jersey, California, etc...

I have been a Maryland native since 1967. I spent 10 of my 19 years on active duty here in Maryland. I refuse to believe that we who support the Constitution of the United States of America cannot make our voices heard, loudly and clearly, from Ocean City to Deep Creek Lake. We will succeed if we do not give up hope. Keep on fighting.

Lacho Calad, Drego Morn!

Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    I have been a Maryland native since 1967. I spent 10 of my 19 years on active duty here in Maryland. I refuse to believe that we who support the Constitution of the United States of America cannot make our voices heard, loudly and clearly, from Ocean City to Deep Creek Lake. We will succeed if we do not give up hope. Keep on fighting.

Lacho Calad, Drego Morn!

This is Maryland and we have no rights. :tdown:

DrSockMonkey

Oct 1, 2012
    Waldorf
    I have been reading the bill and am unsure on a couple of things.

I have three regulated fire arms that I have purchased in MD over the years. Will I have to register them again, or are they already "registered"?

I also already own a block 26 which I owned before I moved here, will that have to be registered?

Will I have to get a pistol license as well?

Other than that, I will continue to call and email my reps... I am not happy about any of this, but my house is under water and I see no other option but to voice my opinion and participate in the process to influence the situation as best I can.

I did find out that Mac Middleton says that he will vote against the bill as it is written today.

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom