• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    i called the ATF about my application. They said that because of LAST YEARS shutdown, it went from 218 days to 300 days (10 months) wait time.

Now, with covid among us... perhaps i'm going to far but i'm suspecting that'll get bumped again, maybe 14-16 months...

Any guesses?

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    Paid for mine at Gym Ratz May 19, 2019. Still waiting, every time the phone rings I get excited
    Check with the NFA for your status. I ordered a day or so after you at Gym Ratz and was approved on 03/20/2020. Picked up on 05/07/2020. ATF took their time mailing it to John.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Form 1 a tube, drill the end cap to *justtttt* fit the caliber on the paperwork, send it off to an SOT of your choice for them to service the can by making additional baffles and bore the end cap to a proper diameter. It will take about 30 days for the efile and 2-5 months depending on the SOT. Or find a friend with a lathe...

LUVE

Apr 27, 2020
    Montgomery County, MD
    i called the ATF about my application. They said that because of LAST YEARS shutdown, it went from 218 days to 300 days (10 months) wait time.

Now, with covid among us... perhaps i'm going to far but i'm suspecting that'll get bumped again, maybe 14-16 months...

Any guesses?
    I hope that's not the case. I have my fingers crossed for us all.

rkouns2003

Jul 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Just called ATF, wish I would have called a few months ago. It was approved back in March but I never heard from the store. I guess it slipped through the cracks. Oh well, no to figure out a time I can get up there

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Check with the NFA for your status. I ordered a day or so after you at Gym Ratz and was approved on 03/20/2020. Picked up on 05/07/2020. ATF took their time mailing it to John.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

this is happening all over the place.

my uncle wasa approved end of march, and still hadn't heard from his ffl. A stamp/paperwork from the ATF should up to his house a few days ago. No clue as to why he received paperwork.

I confirmed with the ATF that my form 4 trust approval was on 4-20-20, I have yet to hear from my FFL, 31 days after approval.

Its just stupid!!!

Wait 10.5 months and pay 200 dollars for a "stamp" and then have to wait another 1-2 months for said stamp to be mail. horrible service imo...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    this is happening all over the place.

my uncle wasa approved end of march, and still hadn't heard from his ffl. A stamp/paperwork from the ATF should up to his house a few days ago. No clue as to why he received paperwork.

I confirmed with the ATF that my form 4 trust approval was on 4-20-20, I have yet to hear from my FFL, 31 days after approval.

Its just stupid!!!

Wait 10.5 months and pay 200 dollars for a "stamp" and then have to wait another 1-2 months for said stamp to be mail. horrible service imo...

My approval time to my FFL having it in hand was about a month

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    Buy a can.
    Send $200 check to ATF.
    ATF cashes check.
    Wait 10 months.
    Collect your receipt. (The tax stamp is simply proof that you paid.)

As far as that goes, why isn't a copy of my cancelled check proof that I paid the tax. It is a tax, right?

The background check is a normal FBI NICs. Max 3 days.

There is zero reason to deprive citizens of their privately owned property while the ATF shuffles paperwork on their end.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Buddy got his bought his, check to ATF cashed.
    cashed: 10/22/2019
    Approved: 4/16/2020
    FFL Called: 5/28/2020, in hand same day.
    [220 days]

I'm still workin on mine, check to ATF cashed.
    cashed: 11/2/2019
    Approved: 5/11/2020
    FFL Called: (not yet! Giving them 3-4 more weeks honestly).

I assume ATF do these once a month in batches hence the "45 days" the ATF tells you when you call. That's 30 days for monthly shipment. + 7-10 for mail + fluff (holidays and what not).

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Buy a can.
    Send $200 check to ATF.
    ATF cashes check.
    Wait 10 months.
    Collect your receipt. (The tax stamp is simply proof that you paid.)

As far as that goes, why isn't a copy of my cancelled check proof that I paid the tax. It is a tax, right?

The background check is a normal FBI NICs. Max 3 days.

There is zero reason to deprive citizens of their privately owned property while the ATF shuffles paperwork on their end.

Serious question why does it take so long. And why would it matter if it’s a form 1 or 4 wouldn’t they both take the same time period?

Don’t have one but have been thinking about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom