• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BartExp

Ultimate Member
    Anybody familiar with a new resident registering a car in DE? The way I read it, if the car has been registered in another state for more than 90 days, you pay a 4.25% fee upon registering the vehicle in DE. Am I reading that correctly?

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    When my parents retired to DE several years ago, they had recently (within a year) purchased a new car. They had to pay the tax. They were not happy about that.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Yes, you have to pay it.

It used to be 2.75% then 3.75%. Friggin Dems made it 4.25%. Getting like MD at the MVA/DMV.

At least the renewals are cheaper.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Bring your guns and accessories. All is welcome except full auto, suppressors, and short-barrel shotguns.

Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    I had to pay 3.75% but DE DMV came up with much lower book value than I had from NADA book value on their web site. I thought I would be paying $1200 and got away with $900 on new large SUV. All the other savings moving to DE from the much higher tax states can live it in the long run. DE DMV is real nice experience compared to MD MVA.

They don't send renewals out via mail, they call you :)

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    That's some happy horsesh1t. In was miffed enough that we had to pay a $90 fee in lieu of sales tax as a new resident of Texas. Had they made me pay full or even partial sales tax on $40k worth of vehicles I would blown my stack...

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Yes, as JPG said...one of my brothers was part of the VW lawsuit and once he got his check, he was still in MA. He waited until he moved to buy the new car in DE for this very reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom