• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ISO3

Aug 16, 2017
    Has anyone compared/contrasted MD gun laws vs DE gun laws with regards to obtaining a handgun/shotgun and how the carry laws differ. I ask because I am thinking of moving out of Md to De.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Has anyone compared/contrasted MD gun laws vs DE gun laws with regards to obtaining a handgun/shotgun and how the carry laws differ. I ask because I am thinking of moving out of Md to De.

DE is better, generally.

No Suppressors/SBR/SBS in DE. UBC in DE excluding immediate family members and CDW license holders.

Limited long gun hunting in DE.

You can buy anything else in DE cash and carry, no wait.

DE is open carry.

CDW permits have hoops to jump through, but no G&S BS.

Read some of my DE forum posts and check www.handgunlaw.us to compare.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    I believe that Short barreled rifles are okay, but not short barreled SGs. Pistols and rifles sales have to go through a dealer, no private sales. Private sales of SGs are allowed.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.

We are thinking of doing the same thing. I have been slowly looking into this as well.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I believe that Short barreled rifles are okay, but not short barreled SGs. Pistols and rifles sales have to go through a dealer, no private sales. Private sales of SGs are allowed.

They may be but try finding an FFL that will do one.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    They did away with having to place an add in the local paper giving notice you was applying for a permit. The local paper for Sussex Cnty, DE was The CapeGazette. You still have to get 5 people to sign basically saying you are a good person. NO G&S BS at all. If you have a Utah permit you can conceal carry their as well but once you move their then you have to get a DE permit. So open carry until you get the DE Permit..

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    If a MD resident owned a suppressor and moved into DE, what would happen to the suppressor? Could it be kept in a lock box? Would it have to be kept out of state?

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    They did away with having to place an add in the local paper giving notice you was applying for a permit. The local paper for Sussex Cnty, DE was The CapeGazette. You still have to get 5 people to sign basically saying you are a good person. NO G&S BS at all. If you have a Utah permit you can conceal carry their as well but once you move their then you have to get a DE permit. So open carry until you get the DE Permit..

No they didn't, still a requirement.

http://www.courts.delaware.gov/Forms/Download.aspx?id=33278

It has been proposed to do so but that CCDW bill didn't go anywhere in this years session. My comments on that bill are here: https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=4852444&postcount=27

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    If a MD resident owned a suppressor and moved into DE, what would happen to the suppressor? Could it be kept in a lock box? Would it have to be kept out of state?

You would have to contact the ATF. You have to give them your new address when you move. My understanding is that you also have to give them the location that the suppressor is stored. Whether that can be 2 different states is beyond me.

You cannot (at this time) bring it into DE.

2016/17 DE Task Force on noise control, and allowing suppressors. https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=4793301&postcount=16

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

radnor

Jan 31, 2010
    Delaware
    It's NOT listed as a requirement but if you are a DE resident for less than 5 years (moved here), you will need a FULL driving history from your home state.

http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=7.0

If you need the CCDW course and you are willing to go to NCC, I am on the approved instructor list.

If you have any other questions, deccw.com or text/call me (phone number is listed as AIM screen name in my profile)

Radnor

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I'm also considering retiring to DE.
    If you're a new resident how do you meet this requirement?
    You still have to get 5 people to sign basically saying you are a good person

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom