• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    And I hear he's already retired! Get with the program, will ya.:D

Jealousy is so ugly. Please don't hate me. I've lived a tough life.

However, my wife has led an even tougher life, if you know what I mean....

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Heeeey! He's younger than I am, dammit!

:D

That is until you factor in the diabetes (add 10 years to my age), then I've been told that since I'm left handed I must add another 7 years (left handed people live 7 years less than right handed people) to my real life age. So if all of this is true, I'm 74 years old.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That is until you factor in the diabetes (add 10 years to my age), then I've been told that since I'm left handed I must add another 7 years (left handed people live 7 years less than right handed people) to my real life age. So if all of this is true, I'm 74 years old.
    I commiserate. I'll be 60 in six weeks and I don't take any prescribed medication. I count my self very lucky.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I don't post as much as I used to. I just read until I have something of merit to say. I'm almost to 21K posts and my nine year anniversary here. I was thinking about just drifting away and letting the newer members have all the fun. I say that every year.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't post as much as I used to. I just read until I have something of merit to say. I'm almost to 21K posts and my nine year anniversary here. I was thinking about just drifting away and letting the newer members have all the fun. I say that every year.

I keep telling myself the same thing, but I just can't help myself. :lol2:

I figure, if I come up with a correct answer every now and then, I've earned my keep.

Sigfan77

My dog loves his Sig, too
    Feb 8, 2017
    Fredneck, PRM
    That's simply no relevant to this user's circumstances and I'm sorry that you can't see that he/she/it was running script that we've been seeing here for more than 10 years now; that being the "let's find a reasonable compromise".

We see it time and time again, and it's a known tactic of "them" to come on to a gun community and proselytize about being "reasonable" when the truth is that they are deliberately trying to undermine us.

Think what you want, but you're dead wrong.

Sorry, but I just think that abiding by the Second Amendment, as put forth in the Constitution by our forefathers is about as "reasonable" as I'm ever going to get. I didn't get an HQL for a few years because I was so angered by the fact that they could force us to get a PERMIT to exercise our Constitutional rights. But I was weak (and there was a really shiny 9mm calling my name...LOUDLY) and, in the moment of weakness, I buckled, got fingerprinted, and got my HQL. I've been "reasonable" enough by putting up with the violations of my rights by a state that punishes legal gun owners and does nothing to cure the "real problems" created by criminals on the street. Just my .02

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    That's simply no relevant to this user's circumstances and I'm sorry that you can't see that he/she/it was running script that we've been seeing here for more than 10 years now; that being the "let's find a reasonable compromise".

We see it time and time again, and it's a known tactic of "them" to come on to a gun community and proselytize about being "reasonable" when the truth is that they are deliberately trying to undermine us.

Think what you want, but you're dead wrong.

Sorry, but I just think that abiding by the Second Amendment, as put forth in the Constitution by our forefathers is about as "reasonable" as I'm ever going to get. I didn't get an HQL for a few years because I was so angered by the fact that they could force us to get a PERMIT to exercise our Constitutional rights. But I was weak (and there was a really shiny 9mm calling my name...LOUDLY) and, in the moment of weakness, I buckled, got fingerprinted, and got my HQL. I've been "reasonable" enough by putting up with the violations of my rights by a state that punishes legal gun owners and does nothing to cure the "real problems" created by criminals on the street. Just my .02

Did you really not understand what Norton wrote or did you just pull his post at random to quote?

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    I don't think I'll ever get to that many posts. I read a lot, but often don't have anything to add. I'm just happy to know there are some like-minded people in "the free state." I just want to do something...I'm so frustrated. Maybe a big empty holster March...something. BUT I must admit. I still need to join MSI. Joined NRA about a month ago.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS

Never gonna happen

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom