• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trikshot

Industry Partner
    Nov 4, 2009
    Eastern Baltimore County
    I wish to form a one person LLC for an existing Pistolsmithing business and do not wish to do this on my own. I need to discuss this matter with a lawyer in/near the Perry Hall area. Please send me a PM so that I can contact you to discuss further.
    Thanks.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    You sure you need to go the lawyer route?

I did this myself a few years ago. I did it in person in Baltimore City and it only took a couple of hours (waiting). They had all the paperwork there to fill out while waiting. Or you could use a service like legalzoom or something.

In any case, while I can't recommend an attorney, forming an LLC is pretty much boilerplate; so pretty much any attorney out there should be able to help you. Let your fingers do the walking...

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    There was another thread on this topic recently. You may want to search for it.

The posts above are good information. My accountant also set up my sole-owner LLC - took all of 10 minutes.

You fill out this form, send it in along with a check, and Bam - you're an LLC.
    http://www.dat.state.md.us/sdatweb/artorgan.pdf

If you intend to sell taxable goods in-state, you will also have to file for a sales and use license which is just as easy.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    To give the OP the benefit of the doubt , he may be refering to liscencing issues relating an existing firearms bussiness retroactivly becoming a seperate legal entity.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Not sure you want to base your lawyer choice on them being close to you. An hour long drive to a great lawyer is better than a 10 minute drive to a law school grad with no experience.

The board has a couple of lawyers on it. http://mdshooters.com/member.php?u=6306 is one. I can not remember the screen names of the others, sorry.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Fast answer... You do not "need" a Lawyer...

Point of fact...
    Filing fee is One Hundred dollars for regular service... One Fifty for expedited service...
    However there are other issues that a Lawyer will be able to assist with that are "if you don't know this it can hurt you issues". I know of one Attorney who will do the entire thing for you for a flat fee of $350.00 including all you will need AND providing advice all issues involved.

PM me for details if you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom