• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russ498

Feb 8, 2021
    Pasadena, MD 21122
    I have been seeing ads for non regulated arms that indicate they want to have the transfer completed before I believe March 1. Is there a new regulation kicking in concerning non regulated weapons? If so, that would be a huge surprise since Maryland is so 2A friendly.

gun_nut

Dec 9, 2018
    can transfers of long guns be done at MD SP barracks also? or high cost FFL's only...

Just gotta find a lower cost FFL. That said, gotta love MD logic. I am sure they will come up with a long gun equivalent of the HQL next.

Beancounter

Jul 8, 2012
    We all can thank Rhino Hogan for letting this happen.

Didn't he veto the bill and it was over ridden???

"The Senate voted on Tuesday to override Gov. Lawrence J. Hogan Jr.’s veto of a bill to require background checks for person-to-person sales, rentals or transfers of shotguns and rifles."

But hey, don't let truth get into your way.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I have been seeing ads for non regulated arms that indicate they want to have the transfer completed before I believe March 1. Is there a new regulation kicking in concerning non regulated weapons? If so, that would be a huge surprise since Maryland is so 2A friendly.

Maryland is only 2a friendly compared to DC, Cali and NY. (and Cali is debatable)

So which are you from?

Also yes, private transfers of non-regulated firearms are verboten after mid-march thanks to a liberal supermajority overriding the governor's veto

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland

Maryland is only 2a friendly compared to DC, Cali and NY. (and Cali is debatable)

So which are you from?

I'm thinking the OP was engaging in "sarcasm" ... just is new enough not to know where to find the "sarcasm" icon... :sarcasm:

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    I think the date is March 12th or 13th. That would put the effective date of the override 30 days after the override vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom