• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Is that new manufacture? If it is accurate reproduction then the price seems low to me. I want one, but I cannot afford it.

Actually I want two. One to shot and one to display.

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    It is new manufacture. Up till now I could only find the parts to assemble my own, I think I will still go that route. Kind of like assembling an AR. Buy the parts as funds allow.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    that is one cool lookin piece. I'd love to fondle that. not to mention shoot it.

pyrites instead of flints -- hadn't heard of that before, but no reason it shouldn't work. cool!:party29::party29:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Only gentlemen of noble birth and watchmen should be allowed to own those.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    Is it the same material as Fool's Gold? Wonder if it is possible to make your own.

Yes, it's fool's gold -- FeS2, iron disulfide. I don't know if it would be easy to make your own -- not sure exactly what you mean. If you mean take native, crystalline pyrite and machine it into whatever shape/configuration needed for a wheellock, then there are probably hundreds of folks on the board who could do it. if you mean reacting iron with sulfur to make FeS2 and then grow crystals large enough to work with... that might be a bit trickier.:)

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Yes, it's fool's gold -- FeS2, iron disulfide. I don't know if it would be easy to make your own -- not sure exactly what you mean. If you mean take native, crystalline pyrite and machine it into whatever shape/configuration needed for a wheellock, then there are probably hundreds of folks on the board who could do it. if you mean reacting iron with sulfur to make FeS2 and then grow crystals large enough to work with... that might be a bit trickier.:)

Yeah, taking a large fools gold piece and shaping it is what I meant. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom