• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Well, I am in the part of Carroll that got gerrymandered into District 9A.

Wanted to talk about the primaries, not sure if its okay here or this should be in the water cooler, but here goes.

Losing Susan Krebs was a difficult pill to swallow (and still is). I worked with Delegate Gail Bates last year in regards to Sunday hunting and our 2A issues we went through. She is moving on to try and take Senator Kittlemans seat who is moving on to Ho.Co. Executive race. He has been "lame duck" to me this session anyway, not returning any calls or correspondence, and never in his office. Guess he has had enough of me over the past few years.

Gail will get my vote for Sen. in 9A, however her current "Howard County Updates" she emails just don't sit well with me, and only proves that the Carroll part of 9A seems to be left out in the cold. (I have made her aware of this, and she has not responded, tells me enough).

I have never gotten anything really from Warren Miller other than a non caring brush off.

The Carroll portion of 9A really needs to get some representation. I really do not believe turning DINO will help our area, as Rep. reps will need support to get the right ones in there.

Frank Mirabile is running. He is actually a customer of mine, and we have had a few talks, and I like what I heard. I think he is a really aggressive, no BS type of person.

Eric Bouchat is running as well. I know he ran many years ago without success, but he was going against Susan, and that is tough. I went to one of his events, and he seemed like a "regular guy" for lack of a better description.

I know there is at least one Dem. running (I think unopposed), and I think another Rep.

Any thoughts on the Primary or the candidates, lets get ahead of the game here and get our little unrepresented portion of Carroll some say.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Frank Mirabile lives just up the street and around the corner from me. I want to see him win, just because I'm sure he'd never agree with those Annapolis jackasses on anything and would raise total hell. He's ran for Cummings seat in the Fed Senate several times, but obviously wasn't popular among Balt City residents :lol2:

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Anyone paying attention?

Do some folks in southern Carroll even know they have been redistricted, and now our area will be essentially controlled by Howard Co. politics?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Anyone paying attention?

Do some folks in southern Carroll even know they have been redistricted, and now our area will be essentially controlled by Howard Co. politics?

District 9A, which covers western HoCo is traditionally all Pro 2A Repubs. Look who's in now... Bates, Miller (House) and Kittleman (Senate), all voted against SB281. Kittleman is running for HoCo Executive, Bates is running for his seat, Miller is hanging in the house.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    This is more than a 2A matter for me SNI (and I have never been a 1 issue voter). I have been dealing with Bates & Miller since the redistricting, and while Gail will get my vote to replace Kittleman (who has been an empty suit pretty much the entire time to southern Carroll), it is very easy to see with them where their attentions are and their influences comes from.

Bouchat being a Carroll resident plays a big part, in my opinion.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    This is more than a 2A matter for me SNI (and I have never been a 1 issue voter). I have been dealing with Bates & Miller since the redistricting, and while Gail will get my vote to replace Kittleman (who has been an empty suit pretty much the entire time to southern Carroll), it is very easy to see with them where their attentions are and their influences comes from.

Bouchat being a Carroll resident plays a big part, in my opinion.

I took a limited view to focus on 2A. As for other matters? Mixed. Bates is serious about budget reform but never gets traction. Kittleman voted for the bathroom bill. He lost any support from me going forward when he pushed that green button. Miller is a straight up pub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom