• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    McCauliffe wants to turn Virginia into Puerto Rico.

FIF Both of you.
    The Richmond Times-Dispatch, which traditionally endorses Republican candidates, refused to endorse either gubernatorial candidate.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...uses-to-make-endorsement-in-va-governor-race/
    That says what a farce the selections have become.
    I'm so tired of seeing ads for both candidates. I think Terry is going to walk away with this one. :(
    The latest ads for Terry make the least amount of Logic to me. You have people claiming to be fiscal conservatives who are going to vote for Terry because he is a smart businessman who can get things done and not a political ladder climber like Ken.

So then explain you voting for Obama last time? If Terry gets your vote because he is a sharp minded businessmen, then why didn't you vote for Romney last time? And isn't carpetbagging to whatever state that will elect you the very definition of ladder climbing like Terry?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I've been a VCDL member since 2009. They allow me to exercise my 2A rights when in the Commonwealth. Great group to support.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    And a Libertarian running who is pulling 10%... from Cucinelli...

What I am hearing is the Libertarian was recently a Dem, and ran with a specific goal to split the Rep vote.

Don't know it that's true, but maybe some of our VA friends might have insight?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    What I am hearing is the Libertarian was recently a Dem, and ran with a specific goal to split the Rep vote.

Negative. Robert Sarvis was a Republican. He's from the social liberal wing of the libertarian movement, more aligned with Gary Johnson than Ron Paul.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Loud and Clear ...

VCDL needs to drive this.

Politico.com -
    Virginia governor race 2013: Ken Cuccinelli, Terry McAuliffe polar opposite on guns and proud of it

Cuccinelli
    “I’m an A-rated NRA candidate,” the Republican attorney general said Thursday night during the final debate of the race. “I’m running against the only F-rated candidate running statewide.”

McAuliffe
    “I don’t care what grade I got from the NRA,” McAuliffe said. “I never want to see another Newtown or Aurora or Virginia Tech ever again.”
    Leftist history shows that McAuliffe will come to eat those words, but use the next horrific event to restrict 2A rights even more. The politics of fear and emotion are in full-force play.

“He is obviously betting that the political landscape of Virginia has been altered dramatically over the past decade,” {Virginia political analyst Bob} Holsworth wrote for POLITICO.

VA gun owners (lead by VCDL) need to be out in force to energize the vote, especially in the more rural jurisdictions, else the beltway counties will rule the election expanding DC's (and MD's) gun restrictions like a metastasizing tumor.

Instead of "NYC ???" the final cry will be "Fairfax County ??? ... Get a Rope !!!"

Last edited:

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    VDCL needs to drive this.

Politico.com -
    Virginia governor race 2013: Ken Cuccinelli, Terry McAuliffe polar opposite on guns and proud of it

Cuccinelli

McAuliffe Leftist history shows that McAuliffe will come to eat those words, but use the next horrific event to restrict 2A rights even more. The politics of fear and emotion are in full-force play.

VA gun owners (lead by VDCL) need to be out in force to energize the vote, especially in the more rural jurisdictions, else the beltway counties will rule the election expanding DC's (and MD's) gun restrictions like a metastasizing tumor.

Instead of "NYC ???" the final cry will be "Fairfax County ??? ... Get a Rope !!!"

this couldnt be more true. i hope gun owners in virginia know this is the start of their fight for 2nd amendment rights. GET READY because the liberal plague is at your doorstep now...

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Are the 'polls' being 'horsed' ?

First Clinton stumped for McAuliffe, now Obama ...

Politico.com -
    Bill Clinton to campaign with Terry McAuliffe

President Obama to campaign for Terry McAuliffe

And yet the latest WaPo poll says ...

McAuliffe opens up double-digit lead over Cuccinelli in Virginia governor’s race

McAuliffe tops Cuccinelli 51 percent to 39 percent among likely voters in the Nov. 5 election

So, my question is ... With THAT big of a lead, why is Terry "The Terrible" McAwful calling in the 'big guns'. Could it be that the Washington Post/Abt SRBI poll is about as truthful as those they and the BaltimoreSunpapers ran about OWE'Malley's Firearms Safety Act of 2013 (AKA SB281 as ammended).

VCDL has their work cut out for them. Maybe they can resurrect Charleton Heston, or a reasonable facsimile thereof. :innocent0

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    I certainly hope that the portion of Virginia outside of the beltway turn out in droves or I fear that Virginia will be lost. Having witnessed the decline of Maryland first hand, I have seen the warning signs in Virgina building. You guys need to stop this now.

Best Of Luck,

Dogmeat

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    And he'll probably fail. Virginia isn't as red as it used to be but it isn't blue either.

The Republicans need to take this as a lesson though on 2014. Two lessons actually.

1.) They need to stop running candidates who are obsessed with controlling butt holes and vaginas.

2.) They need to be very aware of their actions and words. The media is out to get any Republican who speaks out of turn, and the Republicans don't' do enough to guard themselves.

Or the Democrats need to fix the mess in their own party. If Democrat does not mean anti 2a then I think you have a chance to prove it. They can stay home on election day. Or they can veto the govenor... I bet they do neither. But they will then blame Republican s for not being conservative Democrats instead of blaming Democrat s for not being conservative Democrats..

Fascinating......

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Hate to say it but Virginia is screwed. Liberals are leaving MD for VA to get lower taxes but then the retards vote in the exact same people. It also doesn’t help that the youth at large is economically liberal. High taxes, lots of social “services”, and little economic freedom are the future of the US. I see more red states going purple/blue once the baby boomers start to die off.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Oh goodie, another 3rd party asswipe to hand the election to McAullif. :rolleyes: Elections have consequences. Those that voted for the bastard DESERVE to lose their current healthcare, those that trash an election via 3rd party when stakes are high DESERVE to get the poison the liberal dictates. :sad20:

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    VCDL needs to drive this.

Politico.com -

Cuccinelli

McAuliffe Leftist history shows that McAuliffe will come to eat those words, but use the next horrific event to restrict 2A rights even more. The politics of fear and emotion are in full-force play.

VA gun owners (lead by VCDL) need to be out in force to energize the vote, especially in the more rural jurisdictions, else the beltway counties will rule the election expanding DC's (and MD's) gun restrictions like a metastasizing tumor.

Well said! Dems are a well-oiled MACHINE. I hate to see this happen to Virginians, especially gunowners. Sad, indeed!

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    What they really need to do is take the beltway counties back, turning them pro gun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom