• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    :tongue01: What it could not have been a serious question with a nice picture... F-off.

I'm not the idiot that thought he was seriously asking about ivory grips. Then you give him an attitude about posting the pic. Looks like you should F-off.

Now, now boys. Lets just try to get along and enjoy the eye candy. Some ogle the grips, some the ass, and some the rollercoaster.:confused:

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    In a lot of preserves, they actually cut the tusks off elephants to protect them. It makes them worthless to ivory poachers.

The only exception to the ban in importing new African Elephant ivory is sport hunted stuff. If you get the permits to hunt an elephant in Africa, you can legally bring back the ivory and hide for personal use.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Good points... I was thinking more of a free range type thing... tag them, track them and when the time is right, take the ivory. I don't even know if the removal of the tusks hurts the elephant? Could you wait for optimal length and they just cut them off or remove them without harming the Animal? Would it be better to wait for them to grow old and then kill them and take it. I don't know what would work best but there just has to be a better way... There is a lot of money in it and it seems there should be so solution rather than creating a huge black market.
    Some game reserves do cut them off, as mentioned above, in order to make them unattractive to poachers. But elephants use their tusks for digging and "forking" vegetation and bark, so what's left is of limited use to them. Some places also stain the tusks permanently so they're unattractive to poachers. Sometimes tusks do fall out on their own, but that's not exactly a reliable way to harvest. ;)

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I have no idea what rollercoaster or guns you guys are talking about. However I have studied this situation very closely and it appears that the denim material is not exactly centered and therefore not exactly covering everything that might appear to be covered by the casual observer. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom