AK 47 Russian Red How To Vids. Beautiful!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    never once did I state OP's rifles "look wrong". i was correcting the misuse of the word "russian" to describe any finish that is as red as the videos in the OP....as well as the continued misinformation to that end throughout the thread. :)

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    don't you have billet receivers to hawk, and forged receivers to pooh-pooh somewhere? :innocent0

No doubt I like Billet's better but that's only because I think they can add a little more personality to the rifle. That's not to say I don't like forged receivers. I own both and in terms of function, I don't prefer one over the other. I just think Billets look better.:shocked2:

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I have to agree with ferret. Although the color looks gorgeous, "Blood Red" is not "Russian Red".

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Speaking of Russian colors, does anyone know how the color Plum came to be an option on AK's?

The only thing I can find is that the Russians were playing around with different Dye's in the beginning of the polymer era and one of the dye's they ordered was supposed to be black but instead came out the color Plum. They ended up liking it so they kept it.

Does anyone know if this is true and if not, does anyone know why they used Plum furniture on some of their AK's?

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    AMD65 in Russian Red: priceless!!
    2de41193.jpg

770e802d.jpg

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    This is the real Russian Red. The pistol grip is an original, unissued, Russian AKM pistol grip with its original shellac finish. The stock is a new production US part and the same shellac process was used to match the finish to the original russian pistol grip.

RussianRed.jpg

Last edited:

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    authentic russian red

21-2150.jpg

I have deep red ak furniture on my arsenal..but I like the name ignorant american red, I might go with that when people ask. Sounds better then red wood furniture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom