Boycott United Nations Day (October 24th 2008)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    I am think that we should make some Anti-UN tees. I'm thinking on the front. UN with a crossed out circle over it. On the back it should say "UN World Tour". Just like concert t-shirts, with all of the places that they have screwed up with dates.

http://www.therightthings.com/cgi-bin/cpshop.cgi/unitednations/rightthings/1427869

http://conservativebuys.com/cgi-bin...79+anti-u-n.-anti-france-new-world-order.html

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,442421,00.html
    ouble-dipping, anyone?

The United Nations, with a headquarters staff of approximately 15,500, is apparently relying on a battalion of retirees to fill important vacancies. The cost of keeping codgers on its payroll to do jobs that full-time employees apparently cannot handle has soared from $33 million in 2004-2005 to $50 million in 2006-2007.

In the process, the world organization appears to have been violating its own limits on how much retirees are allowed to earn after they take a U.N. pension, and how long they can be kept on the job. Those rules were seemingly designed to prevent double-dipping by former workers, or the filling of jobs that might otherwise go to full-time staff.

But one small group of pensioners — 135 people in all — appear to have done far, far better than anyone else in breaking through the post-retirement salary ceiling. That group, consisting of higher-level professional and administrative employees, and representing little more than 10 percent of the total number surveyed, pulled in $11.4 million, or more than 20 percent of the amount spent on the growing post-retirement work force, according to an internal U.N. study on the group.

This group earned much more on average than the $22,000 annual limit that the organization places on additional U.N. earnings of those already drawing a U.N. pension. About 130 people in the group averaged nearly $40,000 a year in post-retirement income, nearly twice the U.N. limit. Another group of five persons at the assistant secretary general level averaged more than $100,000 a year atop their pensions. (Staying on the job at this level post-retirement requires the direct approval of the Secretary General.)

The U.N. study, however, does not point out the rule violation.

Super Wabbit

Jan 29, 2008
    The UN and our own citizens have and still are trying to pass a global small arms treaty. This treaty, if passed would override the Second Amendment of the United States due to a loophole in the Constitution regarding treaties.

Is that the UN Arms Trade Treaty you're referring to? Anyone know a good site to keep up on potential treaties and just general happenings at the UN? Maybe something other than the UN website itself.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    Is that the UN Arms Trade Treaty you're referring to? Anyone know a good site to keep up on potential treaties and just general happenings at the UN? Maybe something other than the UN website itself.

It may be, but it keeps coming back and has so many different names and variants. I stopped following it. The worst part is our own country men are behind it and think disarming the world is a great idea in their infinite liberal billionaire wisdom.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    The day is finally here. Post any pro-UN news articles here so we can laugh at them. Don't met me catch you celebrating UN day either. This is a sad day for America.

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    I attended a Pro-Gun Rally in D.C. (@ the Lincoln Mem. end of the reflecting pool) back during the Bubba Admin.. C-span aired it live! G-Man was the Keynote Speaker. The un caught hell there that day! I remember prior to G-Man a Protestor dragging a un flag up to the front, folks cheering, "Get US Out". I managed to wipe my feet on it along with a couple hundred others. It's on Video...................I sense a search coming :D
    The Highlight.......the Presidential Chopper flew overhead and all on the ground gave it the rockefeller salute :lol2:Never could find out if Bubba was onboard!

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    I have not seen a single major head line on the UN :) I guess the media is with me one this one.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,454191,00.html
    Foreign Aid Money Spent on $23 Million Art Ceiling at U.N. Human Rights Council

0_21_111808_ceiling6.jpg

1118081403_M_111808_ceiling8.jpg

great ceiling. That'll really stop genocide now. No one will want to mess with people who have meetings in an artistic cave.

kahn

Dec 1, 2008
    q. Know whats the best thing about "Blue Helmets?"

a. They have to wait for orders to shoot back.

Why boycott the UN on only one day a year? I boycott them every day of the year.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Rebecca Peters is De Debil and let us not forget that. She has the the full backing of the international gun ban crew, which is why she is such an arrogant and condescending witch. She can't get it through her thick elitist skull that we're not just going to roll over **** up and let IANSA and the UN have their way with us.

This movement is going to pick up steam, make no mistake about it. With John Bolton out of the UN and Dr. Rice out as Secretary of State we have lost our first line troops against this nonsense.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Let's not forget that one of Maryland's own got to go head to head with Peters

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom