• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I really regret not buying one of these when they were offered at 400.

Don't forget Korth in the expensive revolver list.

My concern would be that tight tolerances could cause problems in dire situations. I don't mind a little rattle before the boom as much as no rattle no boom.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    I really regret not buying one of these when they were offered at 400.

Don't forget Korth in the expensive revolver list.

My concern would be that tight tolerances could cause problems in dire situations. I don't mind a little rattle before the boom as much as no rattle no boom.

Look at this used one...expensive and I see rusting spot.

https://shop.x-ringsupply.com/product.chapuismanuhin

python

Apr 15, 2010
    Very high quality. Reputed to be very strong and accurate. Not bad to look at. Pretty pricey. I certainly wouldn't mind owning one. I have a Python, which l'm very fond of, and only paid $198.00 for it in 1972. Guess I'll just have to muddle through. LOL.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Very high quality. Reputed to be very strong and accurate. Not bad to look at. Pretty pricey. I certainly wouldn't mind owning one. I have a Python, which l'm very fond of, and only paid $198.00 for it in 1972. Guess I'll just have to muddle through. LOL.

I'll give you double that right now

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If the Colt Python is so great, why doesn't the French GIGN(their counter terror unit) use them instead of the Manurhin?

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    It is a better revolver, but no one here will live long enough to take advantage of it. But if it was mad max time, M73 all day long.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    If the Colt Python is so great, why doesn't the French GIGN(their counter terror unit) use them instead of the Manurhin?

Maybe they have better nationalism feeling than Americans like buying French products? Sometimes that is preferred.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The French are famously insular and nationalistic when it comes French products for the French. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing...we like to "Buy American". The French do tend to go their own way and not always a sensible way...just like all nations at times.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico

I would think a counter terror unit (or ANY official unit anywhere in the world that had a choice) would prefer a Glock, SIG, 1911, etc. over a 6 shot revolver, but what do I know???

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    As much as the 9mm has become the de facto free world standard, it only makes sense any official counter-terror unit would choose a pistol in that caliber. Different scenarios might dictate a different choice and a well trained and equipped group might well be prepared for that...but today's terror environment makes a revolver pretty much an also-ran though it certainly can acquit itself well...just that the disadvantages are outweighed by the advantages of a self-loading pistol.

Then again...the French always do seem to go their own way in things.

silverwolf

Feb 14, 2011
    Bought one a while ago when they were available for about $500. It's a pretty great revolver, but not $3k+ great...

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Do the French still use that Manurhin for their counter-terror unit? I thought I'd seen a video on Forgotten Weapons with Ian ... hold on, here it is. No, they don't use them any more but did for a long time. Excellent video as always, view and be informed!

https://youtu.be/P1zEUGck8NE

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom