• Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    OK,
    My dad lent me this:
    https://www.wildgameinnovations.com/zerotrace-technology-wildgame

I used it on 2 hunts in the end of the season from a ground blind. In the previous hunt, I felt the deer picked up my scent and were skiddish and about to take off before I took the shot. I had washed my camo in non scented detergent as well as took a shower with non scented soap prior to heading out that day.

IN all 3 hunts including the first one where I did not use the WG scent machine, the wind was light and I was upwind of where the deer came at me.

For the times I used the Wildgame Innovations scent control. No shower, did not wash clothes and switched to my dark jacket and wore all dark up top to hid my silhouette to the dark background in the blind.

On my last hunt, when I got to the blind, I could even smell myself. I turned the unit on high for the first 30 minutes. At the 30 minute point, I could not smell myself anymore.
    The camera has some zoom to it and the feeder is 25 yards from me. That house is 200 yards from me. Any of my movement is amplified cause of the zoom.
    The video starts about 1 minute into when the first doe showed up at the feeder.

I spend a bunch of time trying to figure out which was the biggest one and decided that 3 of them were pretty mush the same size so then waited for the broadside shot with a clear backdrop.

These deer did not smell me and I think the device worked pretty darn well for me in these 2 instances. I think I'll purchase one in the off season for myself. Most of this year (and likely next year) I will however be in a stand. I got winded twice earlier this year.

Last edited:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    It’s telling me invalid URL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fixed, web browser did not mind an extra space inside the youtube links, tapatalk does not like that space. Learn something every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom