• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a dedicated 22LR pistol that has ergos of a CZ75. Prefer to not buy another one and get adapter for it. In the past CZ made a Kadet pistol but this appears to have been discontinued years ago...

Anyone know if this exists from another manufacturer?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The Kadet pistol is dc but the 22 conversion kits can still be had from gunbroker last time I looked. That was several months ago though and things have gone down the rabbit hole since then.

Edit: Just looked, and there's five on GB right now. Looks like they're running about $400-450.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    The conversion works well, but it’s almost as expensive as a new Glock. I sold mine. At these prices, I wouldn’t buy another. YMMV.

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    I have a Kadet kit for a CZ75 - it is as good, or better, than a dedicated 22 pistol. It is expensive, and the mags are very expensive right now, but very accurate, durable, and reliable. I also like my Nelson Custom 1911 conversion kit - similar quality but also expensive.

A high quality 22 pistol isn’t cheap anyway. But all depends on what you want to use it for.

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    A high quality 22 pistol isn’t cheap anyway. But all depends on what you want to use it for.
    The sole reason for this is to have a 22 that as closely as possible resembles the 9mm variant in terms of manual of arms and ergos. That's it. Not a "fun" purchase at all, others exist for that purpose already. I just wanted to have one in the 22 state permanently.

Do any of the other CZ75 clones make a 22 variant? The 75 is so widely copied woldwide, figured someone might...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    That is a damn fine reason.

I don’t think there are any other pistols, despite the clones. But there are EAA Witness conversion kits for those clones. They seem to be cheaper, as are the pistols, but would have similar controls like you were looking for. The mags are also half the price of CZ.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Kadet kit. The EAA isnt a bad option but doesnt have the ergos of the original. Witness is a lot heavier and thicker gun, I like mine but its for 10mm and .38 super where some more heft is helpful.

Glad I snagged my kit on sale a while back.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Buy a complete CZ75 variant in 9mm or .40, buy a Cadet Kit, sell the OEM upper half, use the mags with your other CZ75 variants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom