• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How much would you pay per year for an unrestricted MD Carry Permit?

• $0 - I won't pay blackmail money for a right

Votes: 110 43.8%
    • $100 per year seems reasonable

Votes: 84 33.5%
    • $250 per year, a bit high but worth it

Votes: 33 13.1%
    • $500 per year, but not liking it

Votes: 14 5.6%
    • $1000 per year, ridiculous, but I want a permit

Votes: 6 2.4%
    • $1500 or more... just bend me over, Annapolis

Votes: 4 1.6%

• Total voters

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Well I cannot even remember hearing on the news someone using as pistol for self defense in the state. Ever actually.

I can not point to any case that has been in the public eye , but i have heard of people breaking into homes and being shot or held for police .

Also people breaking into off duty Leo homes .

Now that i think of it the coin guy in Glen Burnie did he have a permit ??? edit

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I can not point to any case that has been in the public eye , but i have heard of people breaking into homes and being shot or held for police .

Now that i think of it the coin guy in Glen Burnie did he have a permit ??? edit

Me too. But it has nothing to do with permit holders defending themselves outside the home or business.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Me too. But it has nothing to do with permit holders defending themselves outside the home or business.

Matthew Pinkerton

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    My/Our original 4 company permits cost a couple to 3 thousand dollars to get issued with training and bells and whistles .

To be honest i did not know anything about the process and was walked thru every step as well as filling out forms .
    I paid more then we should have but that is water under the bridge .

That is a big chunk of change. Hopefully it was something you could write off. Your employees are blessed to have an employer like you. Seriously.

I didn't renew my MD permit after 2013 due to a job change. I was however required to take an annual class to carry. I could likely get one now but the cost makes it tough.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    That is a big chunk of change. Hopefully it was something you could write off. Your employees are blessed to have an employer like you. Seriously.

I didn't renew my MD permit after 2013 due to a job change. I was however required to take an annual class to carry. I could likely get one now but the cost makes it tough.

Not really , it is a family business . But we did over pay (for sure) Training cost vary still a great deal for the same plan .

I would never want to spend that much again , but having nobody to turn to at the time it was worth it .
    It was all a write off , but i would choose to spend more wisely in the future .

Sometimes you don't know what you don't know . :o

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Does anyone know when the last permit holder shot their pistol out in public for self defense?

There was a case a couple of years back. Man with a permit defended himself after being attacked while taking $$ to the bank. Am looking for a link; haven’t found it as yet.

BALBZ

bad ass LBZ that is
    Apr 6, 2013
    Eastern Shore MD
    I won't pay a dime over admin costs. Figure a one time fee of about $20 should cover it. I am still living the dream that S446 passes and matches the wording of the house bill so I can buy the cheapest out of state permit and tell MD to shove it where the sun don't shine!

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    If Maryland were to move to a "shall issue" structure, but decided to turn it into a revenue generator (as they do with most things), how much would you theoretically pony up on an annual basis to be able to legally carry concealed without restriction and without the need for G&S?

:smoke: how much would you be willing to pony up for annual training if you were guaranteed an unrestricted permit is my question.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Well I cannot even remember hearing on the news someone using as pistol for self defense in the state. Ever actually.

carroll park in the city, retired cop shot the little fvck between the eyes when the punk presented a toy gun to car jack. look it up. personal friend of mine, and he said the media totally screwed up the actual facts, go figure.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    carroll park in the city, retired cop shot the little fvck between the eyes when the punk presented a toy gun to car jack. look it up. personal friend of mine, and he said the media totally screwed up the actual facts, go figure.
    I remember that. Seems like a zillion years ago. But that was a retired cop. People expect retired cops to probably be armed because it seems normal and "legal".

But a "real" (not retired le permit carrier) shooting. I don't remember ever. I'm just trying to picture what kind of public "outcry" there would be. You know, the whole "blood in the streets" thing.

EndangeredMooseknuckle

Abducted Cynic
    Jun 23, 2017
    Southern MD, St. Marys
    Looks like the question should be "How much is your life worth?".. or "How much would you pay to avoid being stripped of your constitutional rights?"..

Realistically they could charge thousands and some would still bite on it.

LibertyGun

May 19, 2014
    District 14, PRM
    I would spend up to a grand maybe. But it would have to be real carry, not like current law where you're only allowed to carry when you are in the act of depositing cash or something.

It would be outrageous to charge people for the ability to defend themselves.

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    It is my opinion and right to protect myself and my family any way I see fit and no one on the face of God's green earth has any right to deny me of these choices.

However, there are two ways that I think about this question. 1. How much SHOULD I pay? The answer is $0. 2. How much WOULD I pay? To be honest, I don't know, but I can tell you that if it were possible for me to "legally" (hilariously inaccurate term to describe this state's opinion of "gun control") obtain an unrestricted permit, the number would certainly involve a comma.

cega

BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2010
    Like most I don't want to have to pay but if that is what it would take to help keep myself and my family safe I'd rather have that as an option as compared to what I have today which is a near zero chance if getting one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom