• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Damn. All those years I was a pantywaist liberal anti-hunting cuck , and I never knew it .

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I was on my first pony at 3 days old. We have about 30 now, owned and boarders. My family and I have a long history in the horse industry. Never had a problem with hunters other than getting spooked, which can happen without a horse. As for those who do not like me being a horse person I can not find anyone who was against the Sunday hunting when it happened in AACO, some opposed but, is there anything done these days that someone does not oppose, surprised? Fact is the deer are usually what spook the horse and the "horse people" I know usually hope all the deer are culled during the season as spooks from deer can happen all year not just two sundays out of the year. I owe some of my enthusiasm for the firearm hobby to "horse people", they have cool guns, CC licenses, want to learn to shoot, etc. etc. My involvement in the horse industry is too much talk about here and I would lose friends it would seem.
    Maryland has the highest population of horses per acre in the country, Riding is the most dangerous sport for many years. Some of these ponies are $10K to $80K, My niece just rode a horse in competition in October for someone and it was valued at $300K+, oh and spent time with Steve Jobs daughter Eve, which I thought was cool.

I have never seen a problem with the Sunday thing. Stay the hell out of the trails during various seasons or know your neighbors and confer on hunting/riding days. MoCo must have less hunters as Sunday hunting has been argued and is gtg here in AACO. I know of several deer stands in horse fields?? go figure. One fear is that one's $20k pony spooks, dumps your 12 yr old kid and is mistakenly shot on public property as a deer, explain that to your kid ... I say this in jest however it has happened.
    I have no dog in this fight, Sorry you lost your Sunday hunting, if I had not spent most of my favors I would invite you down to AACO to hunt ... on Sunday! from horse back! No wait the one time I fired while riding did not go as planned :lol2: different story, Redneck "watch this shit" moment.

That reminds me, one neighbor again asked if someone wanted to kill the geese at their pond, right next to their horses. and that reminds me, I have a couple hundred goose decoy shells for sale, too much trouble for what they taste like!

My $.02

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I was on my first pony at 3 days old. We have about 30 now, owned and boarders. My family and I have a long history in the horse industry. Never had a problem with hunters other than getting spooked, which can happen without a horse. As for those who do not like me being a horse person I can not find anyone who was against the Sunday hunting when it happened in AACO, some opposed but, is there anything done these days that someone does not oppose, surprised? Fact is the deer are usually what spook the horse and the "horse people" I know usually hope all the deer are culled during the season as spooks from deer can happen all year not just two sundays out of the year. I owe some of my enthusiasm for the firearm hobby to "horse people", they have cool guns, CC licenses, want to learn to shoot, etc. etc. My involvement in the horse industry is too much talk about here and I would lose friends it would seem.
    Maryland has the highest population of horses per acre in the country, Riding is the most dangerous sport for many years. Some of these ponies are $10K to $80K, My niece just rode a horse in competition in October for someone and it was valued at $300K+, oh and spent time with Steve Jobs daughter Eve, which I thought was cool.

I have never seen a problem with the Sunday thing. Stay the hell out of the trails during various seasons or know your neighbors and confer on hunting/riding days. MoCo must have less hunters as Sunday hunting has been argued and is gtg here in AACO. I know of several deer stands in horse fields?? go figure. One fear is that one's $20k pony spooks, dumps your 12 yr old kid and is mistakenly shot on public property as a deer, explain that to your kid ... I say this in jest however it has happened.
    I have no dog in this fight, Sorry you lost your Sunday hunting, if I had not spent most of my favors I would invite you down to AACO to hunt ... on Sunday! from horse back! No wait the one time I fired while riding did not go as planned :lol2: different story, Redneck "watch this shit" moment.

That reminds me, one neighbor again asked if someone wanted to kill the geese at their pond, right next to their horses. and that reminds me, I have a couple hundred goose decoy shells for sale, too much trouble for what they taste like!

My $.02

Goes with what I have said in the past, "horse people"(so called) are a lot like cyclists. Half of them are OK folks. The other half...well, you know.

Fortunately for us, somehow we only ended up with one lib boarder. Amusing thing about it is she was a lawyer and was bad at it, got fired and is now attempting dog training. The funny part? She doesn't even control over her horse, let alone dogs. And the other boarders know it. Nobody wants to ride with her. Everyone else is fine with us hunting, and most of them are die hard Republicans. Lib lady said her horse freaked out and she had to hop off and walk it back to the barns when we were shooting pumpkins way down in the valley. Another boarder said her horse stopped, looked in the site of the noise, and then went back to not caring about it. Not sure how we were fortunate enough to only get one lib, and everyone else okay with hunting and plugging the occasional groundhog.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Goes with what I have said in the past, "horse people"(so called) are a lot like cyclists. Half of them are OK folks. The other half...well, you know.
    I couldn't agree more. I do agree with 97% of the people here at MDS, the other 3% ... well, you know. :)
    No offense meant to anyone, there is plenty of fun to go around, just have to find it.

D33rhunter, those types are out there, wow.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    It's just THOSE kind of horse people. Of course most horse people are fine and are ok with hunting, but when you find THOSE kind, well...you might as well be talking about Frosh. I got a new place to trap, and the neighbors on one side are THOSE type of horse people. My landowner can handle them fine. So fine, that he has deer stands and blinds all over his property, and the icing on the cake? His shooting range is quite close to both their house and their horses. LOL. I asked if he has a lot of shooting parties, but he didn't seem to be getting my joke, so oh well. He said the horsey people are city folks and let their dogs run loose sometimes, and are just total idiots jerks. I have a catchpole to free dogs with, so their free roamer can limp around with a fat foot a couple days if I catch one. I hope I only catch foxes and maybe a coyote. Raccoons, possums, and the skunk he said showed up on his one camera, are also ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom