• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    If your pool has sat in the sun for extended period of time, ok, maybe. In my experience, the Lifestraws, like the Sawyers, do not remove dissolved substances. You run tannin rich bog water through either, while safe to drink, will still come out looking like iced tea.

Pool shock, flocc, algicidal chems, piss (urea), etc do not get filtered out. Not sure if i'd want to drink that.

No, Lifestraws don't remove dissolved chemicals. They're mechanical filters.

If your pool has sat in the sun for extended period of time, ok, maybe. In my experience, the Lifestraws, like the Sawyers, do not remove dissolved substances. You run tannin rich bog water through either, while safe to drink, will still come out looking like iced tea.

Pool shock, flocc, algicidal chems, piss (urea), etc do not get filtered out. Not sure if i'd want to drink that.

Where are you getting your information from?
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2...n_Performance_Sheet.pdf?v=9714409159214723427

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I thought they were mechanical filters too. Thanks Squaregrouper! I learned something new today

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Anyone made a well dip tube/bucket? We lost power for two days with the snow on Halloween 5 years back or so. What a PITA is was as we had kids over and the girls flushed the toilets right out of water.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Anyone made a well dip tube/bucket? We lost power for two days with the snow on Halloween 5 years back or so. What a PITA is was as we had kids over and the girls flushed the toilets right out of water.

+1 on how that went and what parts were used.

Bonus - are those Berkey or Alexapure systems worth it?

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    +1 on how that went and what parts were used.

Bonus - are those Berkey or Alexapure systems worth it?

Would an old school pump spigot work? hand-pump-spigot-1.jpg

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Jesus, I was thinking a piece of 3" PVC with a cap with a rubber flapper valve and a 100' drop line. Not a $700 water pump. :shocked4:

no those kind of pumps will not work as the line will collapse under the suction. The plastic line works with the submersible pump as it pressurizes it and the hand up at the top depressurizes it.

thinking like this. wanted to see if anyone tried it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom