• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Around 5:30pm an INSANE storm rolled through Pikesville. I would equate it to a 10 minute Cat 2 hurricane. Power is out and trees are down all over the place.
    The good news is my generator runs my whole house w/o central AC.
    The bad news is my generator won't run my central AC- even with all other breakers off. The generator's 30 amp breaker trips every time I try to start central AC.
    It is currently 82f on my first floor. I don't want to go upstairs. I might be sleeping on the basement floor tonight.
    My school teacher wife has ESP and went home to NJ this afternoon.
    Oh well, things could be a lot worse. I should stop whining and post this in the first world problem thread.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I bought a portable AC unit 13 years ago when I lived in an apartment building, still have it. When we get storms, I fire up the generator and plug in the fridge and the portable AC unit. It only keeps one room cool, but it beats 82 degrees and God awful humid...

Hope you get power back ASAP!

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    I wasn't around for the storm, but I did see the aftermath. Driving through parts of Sykesville with tons of tree debris all over the road. Forsythe Rd. was closed so I had to detour around.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I saw that storm approaching yesterday at 1630 hours on MyRadar... was on my motorcycle and thought for sure I was going to get caught in it. Thankfully the cell went just barely north of me. :ohnoes:

Hope you have power back today SG

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    We in Glenwood lost power @4:45 and was restored at 8PM.
    Fired up the generator and turned on 2 window A/C units.
    Life is cool.

Power came back on around 4:00am. I just called off and started my anniversary short vacation a day early. Chainsaw o'clock after my cup of coffee.

The ghost is gone and the running car in the snow bank has been towed. They say I will still be without 3% of power for two weeks. Most 13'ers will have no idea what this paragraph is about.

EDIT- A small window AC unit will be purchased today.

Last edited:

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Power came back on around 4:00am. I just called off and started my anniversary short vacation a day early. Chainsaw o'clock after my cup of coffee.

The ghost is gone and the running car in the snow bank has been towed. They say I will still be without 3% of power for two weeks. Most 13'ers will have no idea what this paragraph is about.

EDIT- A small window AC unit will be purchased today.
    Copy all.

Glad you are upright and taking nutrition under your own steam.

Clearly, suggestions of your potential demise are premature...

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I was watching storm on Radar as it looked like we were dead in it's path in Severn. Nice big red blotch between Westminster and Columbia, head southeast, yeap we're gonna get it. As it approached I95 it all but disappeared, then when it got to I97 it blew back up and covered Annapolis to Glen Burnie!! It was wild to watch and we didn't get squat!!!

I was watching storm on Radar as it looked like we were dead in it's path in Severn. Nice big red blotch between Westminster and Columbia, head southeast, yeap we're gonna get it. As it approached I95 it all but disappeared, then when it got to I97 it blew back up and covered Annapolis to Glen Burnie!! It was wild to watch and we didn't get squat!!!

My area showed up as purple on Doppler. Yesterday's storm was quick, but it had hurricane force winds for a few minutes.
    I had a Black Walnut branch on my front porch. None of my neighbors have a Black Walnut tree.
    The good news is the area is now devoid of liberal election signs.

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    My area showed up as purple on Doppler. Yesterday's storm was quick, but it had hurricane force winds for a few minutes.
    I had a Black Walnut branch on my front porch. None of my neighbors have a Black Walnut tree.
    The good news is the area is now devoid of liberal election signs.

Down near Annapolis we got torrential rains for about 10 minutes, but the winds weren't bad. My wife had just pulled into the parking lot when the rain started and just waited it out in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom