Remembering Ledo's and Jerry's before they were chains.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Anyone have the misfortune of attending Rollingcrest Jr. High on Sargent Rd, Chillum? If you did and survived, you could survive anything. That place was one step below Jessup.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    yes we did

Rob was a Drummer with me in band and jazz band. He was a year ahead of me. I think we may have had this convo a few years back. Ha! Hehe yeah, Midget Master Bates. That Gym Teacher had so many strikes against him. Remember his counterpart Mr. Hylton? He was a Vietnam Vet and one time at a Football Practice he lost his mind when someone yelled INCOMING on a loose pass towards him. Hit the deck and I thought he was gonna choke the kid! :shocking:

that is right. We did. hope you are well. Robbie said you rocked it, as well. hahaha. Mr. Hilton was a douchebag. McGregor was the BBall coach. Raimo's wife was my 7th grade teacher at St. Camillus off NH ave when we lived in takoma park.

When I was there, old Brother Rem with the cowboy hat chilled all the time near the library.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    that is right. We did. hope you are well. Robbie said you rocked it, as well. hahaha. Mr. Hilton was a douchebag. McGregor was the BBall coach. Raimo's wife was my 7th grade teacher at St. Camillus off NH ave when we lived in takoma park.

When I was there, old Brother Rem with the cowboy hat chilled all the time near the library.

Hilton was a scary douche at that - always looked wound enough to either have an anurism, or just kill someone. McGregor was alright I suppose. He was a lil intense in Civics, but he did get us some good wins in BBall. Raimo (name still makes me shudder) ended up as the Prez when GC moved to their new Olney Campus - which looks like the friggin UMD Campus! Kohler was the teacher to have. Some folks even successfully grew some ahem, herbs, in his classroom planters. He used to water them! I think he knew the whole time. Good Times

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I'll see you, and raise you a Gifford's.

Remeber that huge A/C unit inside the place ?

I'll see your Quarry House and raise you a Sheppard's Park. :innocent0

Remember "Pepper", interesting way to fog a mirror..
    Best fight in there was when a guy got his ear tack driven in to the stage floor.

How about "The Other Place"...

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Remeber that huge A/C unit inside the place ?

Remember "Pepper", interesting way to fog a mirror..
    Best fight in there was when a guy got his ear tack driven in to the stage floor.

How about "The Other Place"...
    I don't recall the A/C unit but do recall their homemade fudge sauce was "the best in the city". And Eddie Gallaher and the 'atop the World Building (WGAY!!!)

I guess I wasn't that familiar with Shepperd's Park. :innocent0

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Anchor inn? know the Nick's place s open. That s the one across from Lndsey Ford, rght? They do have good food.

Anchor in is gone, replaced by a bakery of some sort run by latinos. It does have an ok breakfast.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Anchor in is gone, replaced by a bakery of some sort run by latinos. It does have an ok breakfast.
    That's odd. I was just over that way yesterday and clearly saw a big neon sign that said "Anchor Inn".

mickeyk9

Member Lives Matter
    Aug 18, 2011
    quantum spins
    Hilton was a scary douche at that - always looked wound enough to either have an anurism, or just kill someone. McGregor was alright I suppose. He was a lil intense in Civics, but he did get us some good wins in BBall. Raimo (name still makes me shudder) ended up as the Prez when GC moved to their new Olney Campus - which looks like the friggin UMD Campus! Kohler was the teacher to have. Some folks even successfully grew some ahem, herbs, in his classroom planters. He used to water them! I think he knew the whole time. Good Times
    I took my older son with me to see the new campus a year or so ago.. (live North of Baltimore now) and couldn't believe it. It does look like a college campus or some Massachusetts prep school for the elite. Kinda looks like Georgetown Prep now that I think of it.. :clap:

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    You guys are all old!!! ha ha ha. But so am I. I'll throw in the Olney Inn (burned down for insurance money?) which now has the SS Bank, the Golden Bull, Dart Drug in Glenmont, the old Olney Drugstore where the old guy died sitting at the counter, the Livery Stable in Olney that leaned at a scary angle. They all got torn down just like Finneyfrock's Blacksmith building.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Who remembers this old store? First place I ever bought beer....1979, I was 14.

Attachments

• IMG_0084.jpg
      IMG_0084.jpg
      64.1 KB · Views: 110

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Who remembers this old store? First place I ever bought beer....1979, I was 14.

Red Door Country Store, DRINK! :D On my list of guaranteed places to get beer at age 15 in MoCo, ahem, so I heard :innocent0 - Red Door, 6-Twelve Olney, 6-Twelve Burnt Mills down Rt 29 from Four Corners, and pre-college and during college - Tick Tock at Riggs & University Blvd, and Lasicks. This was in the 80's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom