• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Oh, that. I was really happy to be able to fire more than one shot. To me it was a privilege to be able to fire 50 or so shots at Dan's range. Why would you want to fire only one shot?

The HQL application page states that the course include: "Orientation component that demonstrates the person’s safe operation and handling of a firearm, to include a “live fire” component in which the applicant safely shoots the weapon." Seems that number of rounds fired to pass this can be at the discretion of the instructor. Just a thought.

No, the actual regulation specifies a single shot and not more than a specified distance.

Much of what is on the MDSPLD pages is misleading and often misinterpreting regulation and law, sometimes completely incorrect.

Suppose you have been shooting club owned guns for decades and want to own your own handgun now? Suppose you lived out of state and moved here after selling off your collection of handguns that are not on the MD Handgun Roster before you came? What if you only owned HQL exempt handguns in the past and now want to buy some new model? There are MANY reasons someone with a LOT of handgun experience might need to take an HQL course. Why would you need to do more than what the law requires?

As I originally said, its great that extra is included at the same price, but there are reasons NOT to require it - and the law itself is an unconstitutional infringement, any arbitrary extension of unconstitutional law is an additional infringement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom