• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • denimdan85

Aug 12, 2014
    Hanover, PA
    I don't believe XP had startup repair. I may be wrong though its been so long since I touched it.

As far as updates the reason I keep going back to it is because you said it was working in the morning and later that day came back to it and it had the issue. Windows has to shut down to install updates so I am guessing it automatically rebooted itself to install said updates if you have it set to update automatically. Even if it is not updates I still think it just needs a restore to back before the issue begain.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nope, it's vista

wwwwtumblr_lbrz5ep3Ze1qbih58.jpg

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    I don't care how legit the site is. Downloading a bootable ISO is bad practice. Illegal too, since M$ has a copyright on it. If someone hacks their site, you could be giving up your bank account information in no time. I am even very careful where I get my Linux ISOs, for very good reasons.

denimdan85

Aug 12, 2014
    Hanover, PA
    I don't care how legit the site is. Downloading a bootable ISO is bad practice. Illegal too, since M$ has a copyright on it. If someone hacks their site, you could be giving up your bank account information in no time. I am even very careful where I get my Linux ISOs, for very good reasons.

Illegal? So I can find an illegal download link on Microsoft website?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ery-disk/7d8b799a-1315-4475-bd15-827901f5cdcd

It is not illegal to download the disk. It is useless without the key.

I guess I should never download a bootable offline virus scanner either because those sites could be hacked?

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Illegal? So I can find an illegal download link on Microsoft website?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ery-disk/7d8b799a-1315-4475-bd15-827901f5cdcd

It is not illegal to download the disk. It is useless without the key.

I guess I should never download a bootable offline virus scanner either because those sites could be hacked?

It is illegal to download it from bubbas site. No need to be obtuse. If you are in IT, you know full well what Microsoft's disks say on them. Do what you want with your machines. It is best not to lead inexperienced people astray. I suppose you will tell me a site in India I can get a free MS Office disk from next. :rolleyes:

denimdan85

Aug 12, 2014
    Hanover, PA
    I stand corrected. Microsoft never made the iso for vista available. They did however make the 7 and forward isos available for legal download.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    It is illegal to download it from bubbas site. No need to be obtuse. If you are in IT, you know full well what Microsoft's disks say on them. Do what you want with your machines. It is best not to lead inexperienced people astray. I suppose you will tell me a site in India I can get a free MS Office disk from next. :rolleyes:

I guess I assumed incorrectly. I thought the System repair discs were not full OS discs. The repair discs ive used and lend out are just have windows repair console on them. Therefore a digital form of the repair disc would be alright to share? I didnt want to leave him astray hence why i gave a legit site. But no matter, if you have a physical disc to lend him, that is the best option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom