All Foscam

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-26-08-47-29.jpg
      Screenshot_2016-10-26-08-47-29.jpg
      88.7 KB · Views: 234

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    That is a screenshot from my Samsung tablet using tinycam Pro. You can manage it using IE browser or chrome with an IE plug in. Some use Blue Iris but it is a resource hog.

I don't think chrome supports the plug in anymore. That's why I was curious what you were using. If that's just the app on a tablet than that's awesome. I've heard people using blue iris and that it's a resource hog, those people usually had a dedicated pc running it.

Dal1as

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    I don't think chrome supports the plug in anymore. That's why I was curious what you were using. If that's just the app on a tablet than that's awesome. I've heard people using blue iris and that it's a resource hog, those people usually had a dedicated pc running it.

Yeah Blue Iris needs a dedicated pc but you can do that for a few hundred dollars. It does a lot of processing for motion detection and such. I'm running Blue Iris and it works great. Still setting everything up though. Doorbell cam is next.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD

And a network hog. I have it but don't use it anymore. Plus, the guy started an annual fee structure. It's not that good to warrant that.

Dal1as

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    And a network hog. I have it but don't use it anymore. Plus, the guy started an annual fee structure. It's not that good to warrant that.

I can see not liking it for the other issues but network hog doesn't make sense. The "cameras" stream the data not Blue Iris.

I hadn't realized he went to a yearly subscription. As for everything else. It's working great for what I want it to do which is capture certain motion for security.

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    I have ADT outdoor IR cams and works great, but I've seen others, where light plays a factor so might want to remember that

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I can see not liking it for the other issues but network hog doesn't make sense. The "cameras" stream the data not Blue Iris.

I hadn't realized he went to a yearly subscription. As for everything else. It's working great for what I want it to do which is capture certain motion for security.

The support is to be a pay for service now. Understandable as support is a big job.

Dal1as

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    The support is to be a pay for service now. Understandable as support is a big job.

Ah ok. I'm not paying for that. I have 10 cameras all running 30 fps, all 2 mpixelss or higher, each camera running a 3 second pre-motion buffer and my processor is only running 30% and network bandwidth is fine so I've had good luck with Blue Iris. If only I could find a decent doorbell camera which would integrate and have an inside chime also.

Dal1as

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Well I got the doorbird and it works ok. Works with a doorchime, blue iris, and also over my security tablets and phones. Decent video but the IR only comes on at night when the button is pushed. That will probably get fixed in a firmware update. Other annoying thing is that I cannot get it to use my speaker, just the earpiece, on my phone. Sending them an email to see if they can fix this in future updates. Otherwise, it is well built but expensive, and does what I need it to do.

I am almost done with all my camera profiles and will be soon working on the window breakage, door, siren aspect using zwave and integrating it in with the cameras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom