• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dal1as

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    I'll be stopping by 2A next week but want to make sure I have all of my ducks in a row for what I want to do.

After research it looks like the best route for me is to buy a HBAR and then go through the process of turning it into a suppressed SBR. This way I could basically have 2 rifles. One in .223 and one in .300 blackout.

I could use the .223 for a cheaper plinker and and the SBR .300 for a home defense rifle but also a fun range rifle.

I don't have a HQL but it doesn't look like I need one for the HBAR. Not sure about the SBR stuff and suppressor but it seems like I will have to submit 2 forms for that and then get the lower engraved. Buy the upper and barrel, etc.

So, anything I missed? Any pros and cons to my approach.

My wife actually agreed with my approach last night. :)

2Asales&Supplies

, , Up In Arms Since 2009
    Industry Partner
    Aug 5, 2009
    I'll be stopping by 2A next week but want to make sure I have all of my ducks in a row for what I want to do.

After research it looks like the best route for me is to buy a HBAR and then go through the process of turning it into a suppressed SBR. This way I could basically have 2 rifles. One in .223 and one in .300 blackout.

I could use the .223 for a cheaper plinker and and the SBR .300 for a home defense rifle but also a fun range rifle.

I don't have a HQL but it doesn't look like I need one for the HBAR. Not sure about the SBR stuff and suppressor but it seems like I will have to submit 2 forms for that and then get the lower engraved. Buy the upper and barrel, etc.

So, anything I missed? Any pros and cons to my approach.

My wife actually agreed with my approach last night. :)

Sounds like your ducks are lined up nicely. :thumbsup:

You don't need a HQL for a HBAR to SBR yourself, but you would need one if you purchased a SBR from a Dealer.

Dal1as

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Sounds like your ducks are lined up nicely. :thumbsup:

You don't need a HQL for a HBAR to SBR yourself, but you would need one if you purchased a SBR from a Dealer.

Ok, cool. So it looks like my steps would be.

1. Step on over to 2A and get an HBAR.
    2. Submit forms to turn lower into SBR and also for suppressor.
    3. Get lower engraved? Do you guys do that?
    4. Buy another upper, barrel, and suppressor for the SBR...

So any HBAR you have in stock that you would recommend? Same with the SBR setup, barrel size, suppressor. Looks like people are going with 10.5 inch barrels here in Maryland.

Also what have been the general wait times for the paperwork to ATF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom