• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How much would you pay per year for an unrestricted MD Carry Permit?

• $0 - I won't pay blackmail money for a right

Votes: 110 43.8%
    • $100 per year seems reasonable

Votes: 84 33.5%
    • $250 per year, a bit high but worth it

Votes: 33 13.1%
    • $500 per year, but not liking it

Votes: 14 5.6%
    • $1000 per year, ridiculous, but I want a permit

Votes: 6 2.4%
    • $1500 or more... just bend me over, Annapolis

Votes: 4 1.6%

• Total voters

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    My heart would say F that I'm not paying anything, but I would eventually give in so I voted $100/year

spr75wshs

Native born Shaysite
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 28, 2012
    Saint Marys County, MD
    I'd like to make a point. The "...well regulated..." language does give the State authority to put some restrictions on the Liberty to exercise the Right. None are fully unbridled, either in law or in community custom.

I also think that the State is abrogating its duty to provide shooting ranges, along with safety and marksmanship instructors, to make sure we have a populace that is universally trained in the safe, effective and lawful use of firearms.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I'd like to make a point. The "...well regulated..." language does give the State authority to put some restrictions on the Liberty to exercise the Right. None are fully unbridled, either in law or in community custom.

I also think that the State is abrogating its duty to provide shooting ranges, along with safety and marksmanship instructors, to make sure we have a populace that is universally trained in the safe, effective and lawful use of firearms.

“Well regulated” refers to firearm handling and not government oversight.

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    The courts have consistently and incorrectly ruled that concealed carry is a privilege, not a right. Too many of us are operating under the incorrect notion that a carry permit issued is some sort of expression of a right. It is not.

At this point, I have no idea what to do. The train is well on its way and it seems like constitutional carry will never happen nationally.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It's 2 parts.

1. Well regulated militia is just that, a state(s) regulated militia. Regulated meaning organized. Is essential for a free state(s).

2. and the right of The People (citizens) to keep and bear arms. Because these arms were their "militia" arms should they be called to duty.

There should be an "and" and "for both" in it.....

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, AND the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, FOR BOTH shall not be infringed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom