• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    With all this talk about training and putting more of a burden on the lawful 2A community with all the hoops we have to jump thru .

Where and how was the HQL hatched who was the idiot that came up with it .

Do the bad guys follow the same rules and do they suffer any ill effects or penalty for their continued abuse when we have criminals breaking laws and we as a gun community suffer from the law breakers .

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Frosh, Omalley, all of them.

Many New England states have permits to purchase, New Jersey, New York, Massachusettes, not sure about CT.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    People that don't vote. Of those that do vote, those that don't express to friends their view and take a backseat. It's your fault.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    People that don't vote. Of those that do vote, those that don't express to friends their view and take a backseat. It's your fault.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

My fault , Okay I will try and do better .

On a separate note I have voted since I was 18 and not missed one election to date .

Edit*** I also have talked to many business owners and walked them thru the process with 3 to 4 signed up , not all have done so .

Last edited:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Avoid the FOID was our battle cry ...

Frosh, O'Malley, all of them

Many New England states have permits to purchase, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, not sure about CT.
    • Massachusetts - Firearms Identification Card (FID)
    • New Jersey - Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or Handgun Purchase Permit
    • New York - A firearms license to possess on premises; e.g. a household/business owner to have a firearm in his/her dwelling/business.
    Frosh. Probably derived from Illinois laws.

Attachments

• (Small) Avoid The FOID.jpg
      (Small) Avoid The FOID.jpg
      35.2 KB · Views: 788

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I see you joined MDS in June of '13, just after FSA2013 was rammed down our throats.

Take a look at this sticky:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=79715

The attached 63-page planning paper was written and published by J. Joseph Curran in 1999. For those not familiar, Curran was Maryland's fanatically anti-gun Attorney General from 1987-2007 before he retired and Gansler took the reigns. Curran was a darling of the Cease Fire crowd and worked closely with them throughout the years.

In this plan Curran does a good job of outlining the anti-gun crowd's multifaceted plan for gradually chipping away at, and in some cases eventually banning, private gun ownership, especially of handguns. From "educating the children" to think correctly to taking background checks to draconian levels to suing the manufacturers and dealers into oblivion, it's all in there.

The report was available for a long time on the State AG's website. It's was eventually taken down, perhaps at least partially in the hope that the Pro-2A movement would forget such a bold and detailed statement from an elected official regarding the true methods and goals of gun control in this state existed. However, the Internet Archive is a wonderful thing.

Bear in mind his closing statement:

Quote:
    Our goal, then, must be to eliminate widespread handgun ownership through
    restrictive handgun licensing. This will preserve the benefits of handgun use while
    finally ridding our communities of its terrible cost. Law enforcement personnel
    must have handguns for use on the job. Business owners may need a licensed gun
    on the premises under certain circumstances. Sports shooters will still practice
    their sport. Where guns are needed to advance reasonable law enforcement purposes
    or to participate in a regulated sporting activity, they will be licensed for use
    in that manner. People will no longer, however, own guns without demonstrating a
    compelling law enforcement or recreational reason to do so.

The presence of handguns in homes across America endangers everyone. We do
    not need them, and the misguided desire people feel to own handguns for self defense
    would be greatly diminished if they did not feel threatened by widespread
    handgun ownership. We certainly do not need handguns badly enough to continue
    numbly to accept the pain and anguish they inflict. Handguns exact too high a
    price. We should pay it no longer.

p.63

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Thank You , Threeband & Other members , I did join MDS and another national gun forum to learn although I have owned guns all my life . I did not join because of the gun laws or lack of I joined because I wanted to get my Md. Permit and it was a way to study up .
    Not much factual information about Maryland's permit system on any forums , just lots of snarky comments about having to know someone or who's ass did you kiss to get your permit . I have heard it all , the community in whole is a great community and I have met some wonderful members I would trust with my life in a foxhole , but some of the snarky comments turn lots of folks off .

I do know one thing we will never get anywhere without banding together for the common good for our community .

I realize I will be flamed with my points but for GTOGUNNER to blame me seems a bit unfair .
    I think I have been a responsible member here at MDS and have tried to do my part in whatever is asked of me . When someone points out I am not doing enough it is all the reason to step back and re-evaluate my time and efforts to a person that does not have a certain level of respect for another forum member , I think it is time for me to sign off and take a break . All the best to all the decent men & women of this forum .

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    When one libtard loves another libtard very much and they think they know what is best for society they make crap like the laws we have here (or, worse, breed more libtards which go on to shaft the next generation).

Now, if you ask them about taking a class and waiting months to get an abortion watch their head explode...... :innocent0
    Not to make it an abortion debate but I also like to ask them just where that right is called out in the founding documents (yes, I know many aren't but it's still nice to poke them as it is part of their religion it seems now and makes a point at times).

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I realize I will be flamed with my points but for GTOGUNNER to blame me seems a bit unfair .
    I think I have been a responsible member here at MDS and have tried to do my part in whatever is asked of me . All the best

I doubt that GTOG meant "you" personally. Rather, folks that dont make it a point to be proactive regarding 2A issues. But he will be along short and can clarify.

And yes, you have made the effort to do your part. The Maryland 2A community could benefit from people who champion cause as much as you do. You can count me as a fan.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker

Sent from the 3rd Rock

I doubt that GTOG meant "you" personally. Rather, folks that dont make it a point to be proactive regarding 2A issues. But he will be along short and can clarify.

And yes, you have made the effort to do your part. The Maryland 2A community could benefit from people who champion cause as much as you do. You can count me as a fan.

AOB , Thank You but I have read his post many times and he say's "It's your fault" now I am not sure how I read it wrong . He did not say it was his fault or our fault , or their fault .

2ndMDRebel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Question is how many murders were committed in Maryland by a HQL holder? Is there a way to find this out?

and when the Hell are we going to have VQL's, Voter Qualification Licenses with classroom training on the Constitution, picture, and fingerprint requirements?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    AOB , Thank You but I have read his post many times and he say's "It's your fault" now I am not sure how I read it wrong . He did not say it was his fault or our fault , or their fault .

I think he meant for that period between "backseat " and "it's" to be a comma

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Trust me, GTOGunner is good peeps and I don't doubt for a minute he was using the ubiquitous "you". You know I won't give you bum information.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I don't know any of the folks involved. As an outsider, I read the fault as being directed at the same universal "you" that the rest of the post was directed to: the poeple ("you(s)") who don't vote the right way or encourage others to vote the right way. It sounds like that is NOT you, Welder516 :patriot:
    Unless there is a history of animosity between Welder516 and GTOGUNNER that I'm not aware of, it sure sounds like a misunderstanding to me. :shrug:

That's just my 2 cents...probably worth even less now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom