• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    With G&S gone, SAF membership is no longer a factor to get a permit.

But I am, glad I am a life member.!!!

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Doesn't the DC permit law state that you must obtain permission to be armed in a home from the owner of any home you are entering?

Oh look for DC to prosecute as many technical violations as possible. they are going to want to have as many possible numbers on licensees committing "gun crime."

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Hopefully Cypherpunk will give the DC law class again

With a 2 year limit on training, and the class given in July 2015, that training is now invalid

I should think you guys who have older than two year training might want to call MPD. My understanding is it is 4+2, not 16+2 if more than two years.

I think the thing to do is get a formal read on that, and if it is 4+2, then ask training providers about pricing, I don't see them listing renewal training prices yet. Also a number of trainers offer concurrent UTAH and other states for nothing or a trivial fee

Certainly a mdshooters member whoi is a trainer would be preferable, but I have pals ho have good experience with spears and wiggins, several of which got their training at end of july and have applications in right now.

Let's all keep in mind this is racine leaking it, and I believe he has 90 days to change his mind. I don't see them asking for a stay if they have "leaked" they will not fight it, but there is nothing prejudicial about them changing their mind in 89 days (I doubt they would, but nothing is certain)

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Wait, is this for real now? Set the old gang reunion date please..

If DC had any sense, they'd just issue to those who were denied now to save both sides the additional paper work. However sense and government do not mix.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Waiting on Cypherpunk to set a training date. Some people never applied after taking the 16 hour training.

Will DC accept a 4+2 hour class if you never actually applied?

I doubt it

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    DC Council is adjourned until 10/17.

I wonder what new requirements they will add? How about a 4 week training course with a certificate that’s only valid for 3 weeks?

Their twitter feed had some bellyaching about taxes too... I agree with them and think it’s completely unfair. Maybe they should consider secession? That would show everyone!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    nope. nuttin'

But I thing Frosh et al see what's coming.

The walls are closing in on them

Would it be accurate to say now that those living on any border on Maryland can pretty much get a permit in their locale ?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    tomorrow they will be able to.

But Frosh and the infringers don't care a whit about others. You'd think since DC took one for him that he'd return the favor....

nah.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    This ^^

I am hoping that this is a rising tide that will carry over into the People's Republic of Maryland

Hahaha. If DC doesn't appeal to SCOUTS, it is specifically to stifle the rising tide of freedom and take one for the team of oppressors (MD, CA, NYC, NJ, HI, ~MA).

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Hahaha. If DC doesn't appeal to SCOUTS, it is specifically to stifle the rising tide of freedom and take one for the team of oppressors (MD, CA, NYC, NJ, HI, ~MA).

Hogan needs to get a set and use this as a legitimate "excuse" to give Pallozzi the nod.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    i agree. every state and DC that borders MD is now shall issue as of tomorrow. Hogan can use this as political cover, and blame the DC Circuit at the same time.

win win

Time to strike while the iron is hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom