• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    We have been through this before. Don't bother running down to 300 Indiana Ave. to apply and waste your money. (again for some). DC has 90 days to process permits, and 90 more if they feel like jerking you around, which they will if they can. And then you have a long wait after you appeal to hear from them.

My advice is wait until this thing has a final decision from the certain appeal to the an En Banc panel and then the certain Cert appeal to SCOTUS. by the loser of the En Banc.panel decision.

I advised this last time, was ignored by some and criticized by others for advising to wait.

Did those people who ignored me waste their time and money by rushing down there? Yes they did

DC has 30 days to file for En Banc, then 7 more days to wait after that before anyone knows what will happen

DC has plenty of time to delay acting on applications submitted now, even with the PI in place

But go ahead and waste your money instead of being patient and see who prevails.

Good luck.

Last edited:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    MPDC has $200 or so of my money between the app fee and fingerprints. It was worth a shot when they were first enjoined from enforcing their laws. This isn't quite the same, given the time they have to appeal.

Stay tuned.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    MPDC has $200 or so of my money between the app fee and fingerprints. It was worth a shot when they were first enjoined from enforcing their laws. This isn't quite the same, given the time they have to appeal.

Stay tuned.

Rational minds knew better. They warned of appeals and stay before it happened. I was out in la-la land with you and others. No shame, but funny to legitimize "worth a shot" what now is so clear that these legal issues are not over till they are over. I tried the business and carrying valuables route. So it is very subjective that some get better service from DC. Maryland issued me a permit, DC did not.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Rational minds knew better. They warned of appeals and stay before it happened. I was out in la-la land with you and others. No shame, but funny to legitimize "worth a shot" what now is so clear that these legal issues are not over till they are over. I tried the business and carrying valuables route. So it is very subjective that some get better service from DC. Maryland issued me a permit, DC did not.

Cash deposits. 'Nuff said....

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I had assumed DC did not qualify as a US agency but someone had posted something which made me think twice. Another thing is that the DC council gets its authority from Congress.

We'll know soon, regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom