H.R 2909, the D.C Personal Protection Reciprocity Act.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    http://www.highlandcountypress.com/...ersonal-Protection-Reciprocity-Act/4/22/39448

Congressman Thomas Massie, R-Ky, chairman of the Congressional Second Amendment Caucus, has introduced H.R 2909, the D.C Personal Protection Reciprocity Act. This legislation would allow individuals with a valid concealed carry permit issued from their home state to carry their firearms in the District of Columbia.

I had the pleasure of shooting with Tom at PG County Trap and Skeet a couple months back. Genuinely good man, I hope to see more like this from him.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    :thumbsup:

Doesn't help a lot of us in MD, but it's a step in the right direction.

If you read down toward the bottom, he suggests this could be a gun litmus test. It may not tell us much we don't know. However, an "on the record" vote close to the midterm could give us fresh ammo.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    If you read down toward the bottom, he suggests this could be a gun litmus test. It may not tell us much we don't know. However, an "on the record" vote close to the midterm could give us fresh ammo.

I'll say it once, I'll say it again. No one will vote differently between this bill and the others sitting in committee.
    Might as well do those since they're nationwide.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Needs an amendment.

.....carry permit issued by ANY state.

Then a lot more Marylanders could carry down there.

Or is this an add-on to the Mo Brooks "Carry for me, but not for thee" act.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    HR 38 already does this and has been sitting in committee for months.

And allows carry in any state including NR permits.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Looking at the bill text, it appears to make DC shall issue, as well as CCW legal if you have a permit from ANY state.

https://www.congress.gov/115/bills/hr2909/BILLS-115hr2909ih.pdf

... not bad, but as other have said there are already at least two other bills that accomplish the same thing. What's the point!? Let's push through national reciprocity and be done with it.

Who cares? you could not pay me to go to DC even with an AK strapped to my back. Traffic sucks, everything is overpriced, its always crowded, there is always some protest somewhere, and to top it off you are rarely 100 yards from a sensitive building, embassy, or big fat target. oh, and its swampy muggy hot in the summer. go ahead, try to get out of DC if there is an "incident".

Who does this help? politicians, lobbyists, and their aides.

NO.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Who cares? you could not pay me to go to DC even with an AK strapped to my back. Traffic sucks, everything is overpriced, its always crowded, there is always some protest somewhere, and to top it off you are rarely 100 yards from a sensitive building, embassy, or big fat target. oh, and its swampy muggy hot in the summer. go ahead, try to get out of DC if there is an "incident".

Who does this help? politicians, lobbyists, and their aides.

NO.

Then stay home, but there are many other working stiffs that necessarily travel in and out of the District all the time. Not saying this is a panacea, but it doesn't hurt.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The simple fact is that if this can pass, so can national reciprocity. Who is going to support this and not national reciprocity?

This bill only serves to out the congress critters that need to be unemployed.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    The simple fact is that if this can pass, so can national reciprocity. Who is going to support this and not national reciprocity?

This bill only serves to out the congress critters that need to be unemployed.

If blue dog dems still existed (and I don't think they do), I could see a few potentialy supporting this, and not support national reciprocity, under the false flag of "state's rights."

Since the blue dogs are now extinct, I agree with you 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom