• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    I'll believe it when it happens, not until. If they were honest, we wouldn't be so eagerly wanting to replace them, would we?

Mr H

Banana'd
    IIRC, this is essentially the same article that was floated mid-late last week.

But, this did catch my attention (emphasis mine)...

UPDATE: Republicans in the Senate would have a strategic decision to make: try to confirm a replacement before the elections, or use it as a tool to boost midterm turnout.

The timing of this (should it happen) will be most telling, I think... and may give us an insight as to the direction Kennedy wants the Court to go.

Personally, I see him wanting to make a political statement. Not only with his retirement, but after (where he can comment endlessly on the issues of the day).

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    What better way to keep the Trump Train on the tracks? If he does this correctly, there will be such a surge for the Republicans during the 2018 elections. Woo hoo!!!!!

Good news!

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    The article insinuates that the Republicans might choose to wait on an appointment to bring people out to the poles. After what just happened in Great Britain that would be the dumbest thing ever!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The article insinuates that the Republicans might choose to wait on an appointment to bring people out to the poles. After what just happened in Great Britain that would be the dumbest thing ever!

I disagree. I think this will rejuvenate the Republican party and it's voters. After seeing all of the crying and whimpering the Dems did with the last one, people will want to take away any advantage a win in congress could give the Dems.

YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom