• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    One day after my B Day INCOME TAX DAY! What a b day present that would be.......

Just an FYI: The 2017 for 2016 tax filing is Tuesday 4/18 this year. The 15th is a Saturday. Normally, it would move to Monday the 17, but that is Emancipation holiday in DC. So you have a few extra days to file.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    And still no 28J regarding the Norman opinion, which backs up the theory advanced in this and the companion Grace case :sad20:

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    Legislating from the bench

I responded to a Gura tweet recently where he rightly pointed out that the Executive must abide by (even bad) Judicial decisions. Our system of government depends on separation / balance of power. I agree with this principal.

The question I asked back ( and didn't get an answer) was Judicial Legislation seems to take hours. Corrective actions seem to be measured in years.

This seems out of balance to me. If anyone can enlighten me on how this is supposed to work, I would appreciate it.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I responded to a Gura tweet recently where he rightly pointed out that the Executive must abide by (even bad) Judicial decisions. Our system of government depends on separation / balance of power. I agree with this principal.

The question I asked back ( and didn't get an answer) was Judicial Legislation seems to take hours. Corrective actions seem to be measured in years.

This seems out of balance to me. If anyone can enlighten me on how this is supposed to work, I would appreciate it.

Sufficiently pissed off and not corrupt Congress is the way "its supposed to work"

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    The SCOTUS has not accepted, nor granted cert to Peruta. DC is stalling just to stall.

Think you mean the DC Circuit is stalling, not the city government.

DC Circuit isn't known for having speedy opinions, and, the delay many times points to a split decision.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Think you mean the DC Circuit is stalling, not the city government.

DC Circuit isn't known for having speedy opinions, and, the delay many times points to a split decision.

It most certainly is a split decision. IIRC, Judge Henderson was on this panel and she most certainly would side with the District. And she isn't very fast in her opinions.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    It most certainly is a split decision. IIRC, Judge Henderson was on this panel and she most certainly would side with the District. And she isn't very fast in her opinions.

Fingers crossed it is her long winded dissent from a grant on the PI.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Will Peruta's cert denial impact the decision in Wrenn?

Not the result. The panel might have been waiting on the cert decision in Peruta and Binderup. A decision in either case could have provided guidance. With cert denied, there is no longer any reason to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom