• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordracer2082

Jun 10, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    I am planning on buying a scope for my Marlin 795 . I don't know much about scolded but I can not afford much. I am looking to spend around $50.00 . I was looking at a Barska plinker 22 or a Simmons 22 mag . If there are other good choices in my price range. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    I do have a Barska scope on a Model 60 and while not the greatest glass in the world, it is good enough for my 10 year old to shoot 10 shots out of ten in a six inch diameter circle at 100 yards... My biggest complaint is that if you zero in at one magnification and change, you'll need to rezero.... (my understanding that with high-end optics, that is not the case...) I don't think the recoil of a .22 is enough to harm a less expensive scope....

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I have a 795 and a model 60, both with the Simmons "22 MAG". One of them I've had for literally 15 years now, thousands of rounds flawless.

One thing, I prefer the 4x over the 3-9. Not sure why but the 4 seems brighter and more crisp.

EBAY, see them all the time for under $50 shipped

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I have Simmons cheapies on both my 795 and my 802plinkster. Serve my purposes very well. Not the highest quality out there, but for plinking up to 100yds they fit the bill.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I am well known for using 2.5x Wal Mart scopes.

In bottom end price range , fixed power is more trouble free than variables.

But the M795 has Good iron sights. If I ever get around to getting an identical set for Papoose, I'd remove the scope.

jackmack3169

Apr 27, 2016
    scope for 795

Another one to consider is the UTG 3-9X32 1" BugBuster Scope, AO, 36-color Mil-dot, Rings. This is a great compact and lightweight scope for a little extra money. It runs 80 to 100 but you can mount it on just about anything. The nice part is it will focus down to 10 feet if you need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom