• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Good morning ladies and gentlemen, how is everyone doing?

I had a question for the forum because an idea popped into my head the other weekend when I was ridding around in a questionable area for work. I do DoorDash and Amazon flex for some side scratch to make ends meat while my 9 month old daycare bill is inflated. With Amazon I work out of Springfield, I can most likely get my DC carry, and VA carry(through Utah reciprocity maybe?) but was wondering if the Maryland W&C might be obtainable for my delivery work. I watched the video of the poor Uber Eats gentlemen getting killed from a failed car jacking and with a car full of Amazon deliveries, or me wandering around with a DoorDash bag to keep food hot or cold makes me more of target. I am 6'1'' and 190lbs, so I believe that may play to decreasing the risk, but I think a responsible idea for the sake of my family would be to persue a Maryland W&C.

DoorDash and Amazon consider 'workers' independent contractors, so I would probably have to setup some kind of buisness that would consist of me.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Good morning ladies and gentlemen, how is everyone doing?

I had a question for the forum because an idea popped into my head the other weekend when I was ridding around in a questionable area for work. I do DoorDash and Amazon flex for some side scratch to make ends meat while my 9 month old daycare bill is inflated. With Amazon I work out of Springfield, I can most likely get my DC carry, and VA carry(through Utah reciprocity maybe?) but was wondering if the Maryland W&C might be obtainable for my delivery work. I watched the video of the poor Uber Eats gentlemen getting killed from a failed car jacking and with a car full of Amazon deliveries, or me wandering around with a DoorDash bag to keep food hot or cold makes me more of target. I am 6'1'' and 190lbs, so I believe that may play to decreasing the risk, but I think a responsible idea for the sake of my family would be to persue a Maryland W&C.

DoorDash and Amazon consider 'workers' independent contractors, so I would probably have to setup some kind of buisness that would consist of me.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

Good morning back to you! Doing well here, hope you are as well.

Find. Another. Way. Or. Locale. To. Make. Extra. Scratch.

Do it for your family.

Trying to find a way to say what I’m thinking without it coming cross like a personal shot but, Bubba’s mother’s question to Forrest Gump comes to kind: “Is You Stoopid Or, Is You Just Plain Crazy?

Here’s what 6’1” and 190lbs means to the ilk of those “minors” who took down the poor, working UberEats victim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie6gA5qg73E

(Spoiler alert: That other 6’1” 190lb Buffalo galloping AWAY from the scene would be your public safety, circa 2021 ... not to mention your employer(s) and any life insurance companies your family might call)

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Good morning back to you! Doing well here, hope you are as well.

Find. Another. Way. Or. Locale. To. Make. Extra. Scratch.

Do it for your family.

Trying to find a way to say what I’m thinking without it coming cross like a personal shot but, Bubba’s mother’s question to Forrest Gump comes to kind: “Is You Stoopid Or, Is You Just Plain Crazy?

Here’s what 6’1” and 190lbs means to the ilk of those “minors” who took down the poor, working UberEats victim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie6gA5qg73E

(Spoiler alert: That other 6’1” 190lb Buffalo galloping AWAY from the scene would be your public safety, circa 2021 ... not to mention your employer(s) and any life insurance companies your family might call)

This is what I have that works for what I am doing in my life right now. It is the only thing flexible and profitable enough to fit around my wife and I's jobs. I don't have to carry, I am just asking if it is an option. I might just get the MD W&C training and go through the application and just have the state tell me no or yes.

I often times find myself in OK areas more then I do questionable ones, but I would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Thank you for your reply.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I believe you should be able to get a VA non resident permit. I would set up a business in MD and apply. My vote is to get every permit you can and carry whenever you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom