• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    It would help if you specified what type of information you want that isn't already on the sales pages for it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's nothing special. Takes Mini-30 mags. Isn't gonna set any records for accuracy, and the factory stock is garbage, but it'll hit where you aim it reliably. Would have been way more interesting if it took AK mags, but none of the manufacturers these days seem interested in going that route.

As with finding one, well... like any other gun these days, a bit of luck is probably going to be involved.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Myns shoots great. Shooting at 100 yards, 2 moa with the wolf stuff and 1 moa with fiocchi.

I got sub moa groups with the hornady sst stuff. I bought a couple hundred of those for hunting.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    It's nothing special. Takes Mini-30 mags. Isn't gonna set any records for accuracy, and the factory stock is garbage, but it'll hit where you aim it reliably. Would have been way more interesting if it took AK mags, but none of the manufacturers these days seem interested in going that route.

As with finding one, well... like any other gun these days, a bit of luck is probably going to be involved.

I have one in 7.62. While the stock ain't no Boyds stock, it's ok. I would call it sufficient. The Ruger Mini 14 mag has a nice snug fit. The barrel is threaded so you can use a can. The trigger is nice. What I don't like so much is the bolt. It's acceptable, but it could be smoother. I polished mine. The bolt shroud is plastic; I replaced mine with an aluminum after market one.

CZ makes 7.62x39 bolt action rifle that's supposed to be pretty good, for more money of course. Even so, for what you pay, the RAR is fine.

Speedluvn

Dec 23, 2019
    Baltimore County
    Does anyone know who has these in stock ?

I too am looking for a Ruger Rifle. Which one, Im not sure yet. Ive had success in another unrelated gun purchase on Gunbroker.com.
    I'll probably use them for the rifle purchase when I make a determination on which one better suits me.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Pre-Biden/Election panic, I was thinking of buying one. At the retarded prices they're selling for now? No way. IMO their biggest selling point was the price. Now, if I were going for a rifle in 7.62x39, I'd be looking at CZ or Howa.

If prices ever come down to reality on them, I'd snap one up in 5.56 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom