• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    They're not, but the media also insists that ALL semi-auto weapons are Assault Rifles/Wpns. This is typical lack of knowledge of the actual law and refusal to educate themselves.
    Not sure if simple possession of a magazine violates federal law on possession by a convicted felon tho'.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    "The gun had a round in the chamber and 14 in the magazine, the document said. However, the magazine capacity was 30 rounds, which is illegal to possess in Maryland."
    From the article.

But a much easier target for a red flag since she may need 30 rnds, thats crazy and therefore so is .... blah blah

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    And she's a breeder. "At a bond hearing on Tuesday, Assistant Public Defender Brian Hutchison asked Washington County District Judge Mark Thomas to consider setting bond, saying Rivera has an infant and is pregnant with another child."

At some point we need to consider hysterectomy as a condition of probation.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    [Doc Holliday voice] Very cosmopolitan [/Doc holliday voice]

5c47a702f33a1.image.jpg

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Case search says she charged with

Charge No: 7CJIS Code:3-5260Statute Code:CR.4.306.(b)(1)
    Charge Description: ASSAULT WEAPON/MAG. USECharge Class:Misdemeanor

Which seem to be this:
    https://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2010/criminal-law/title-4/subtitle-3/4-306

I think that link is old.

I believe that the violation is use of a magazine with >10 round capacity in a crime.

As stated, possession is not the crime, but using >10 round in a crime is an add on charge.

What, anyone expected accurate reporting? We can't get accurate reporting if someone steals a lollypop from a 6 year old.

They're not, but the media also insists that ALL semi-auto weapons are Assault Rifles/Wpns. This is typical lack of knowledge of the actual law and refusal to educate themselves.
    Not sure if simple possession of a magazine violates federal law on possession by a convicted felon tho'.

It's NOT lack of knowledge. It's insidiously done on purpose...Repeat a lie enough and it appears to be the truth..

schnejerator

dabbled in pacifism once
    Sep 26, 2014
    haggistucky
    And good call Melnic, it's the use of that Magazine in a crime:

(1) A person who uses an assault pistol, or a magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition, in the commission of a felony or a crime of violence as defined in § 5-101 of the Public Safety Article is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction, in addition to any other sentence imposed for the felony or crime of violence, shall be sentenced under this subsection.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    It reads " beautiful disaster" when it should just read DISASTER

NOBODY

Wow Nobody , she even lied on 50 % of the tattoo . SMH on why throat tattoos are even a thing .
    I work a PT guy that has them , yes he has been in trouble and has drama 24/7 all in his life . Works hard for me but can't stay out of trouble .

letmeoutpax

Nov 12, 2013
    St. Mary's
    "This story was updated at 9:45 a.m. Jan. 24, 2019. Due to a reporter's error, one of the charges in a story about the arrest of Fantasia Rivera was incorrect. Rivera was charged with the use of a magazine with a capacity of more than 20 rounds in a crime of violence."

What is today's date? Maybe I lost a day.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Article says she’s a felon, therefore she cannot possess them.

You, it's never occurred to me to look into whether being prohibited (for a record like that, from being able to purchase/possess firearms) also means you can't possess a magazine, all by its lonesome. Wouldn't surprise me, but I wonder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom