• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaptainAwesome

Jun 1, 2013
    Pikesville MD
    I had a history with this deer. Let him walk 3 times in two years. Today, I was grocery shopping and his ticket came up...

I've noticed you have a tendency to harvest big bucks season after season..........I am becoming suspicious......now that you have mentioned "grocery shopping".

Congrats, and yet again, nice buck.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've noticed you have a tendency to harvest big bucks season after season..........I am becoming suspicious......now that you have mentioned "grocery shopping".

Congrats, and yet again, nice buck.
    I've had the same suspicions about you...

:D

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Heads up if you like to use M&G in Westminster. They are at capacity and not accepting any new freezer buddies till Wednesday.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Heads up if you like to use M&G in Westminster. They are at capacity and not accepting any new freezer buddies till Wednesday.
    Was just talking to one of my taxidermists today(yes, I have more than one on retainer :D) and he's ready to stop taking heads. He's just about all full up for the year.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I got a forked buck at around 3 yesterday. Saw him a few hours earlier, then sat that field with the wind in my face.

It was the only buck I saw in 7 days of hard hunting. My buddy saw a 10 pointer that I drove his way Sunday morning, but couldn't get a shot.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo

When I was picking up my deer at KS in MoCo 3 weeks ago, the fridge and freezer were already near capacity. Sure enough, last week there was a tractor-trailer with a freezer compressor parked out front. It's been a big year for everyone it seems. So many folks have either been furloughed or allowed to work from home that it's made getting into the field a whole lot easier.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Well was out today on Public land as I was arriving back at my vehicle a CO pulled up to check things out. I went to reach for my wallet and it was not there good thing I had copies in my vehicle and on my phone. All was well we had a very nice chat, so far coning up dry have seen lots of sign and a few tails. That is OK just like being in the woods makes it all worth it. I did find my wallet just where it left me. I have been using a free GPS App which is really very nice, you can mark waypoints, DS Deer Sign, and GT Game Trails. You can even save the maps GAIA is the app recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom