• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I recently acquired a Marlin 336 in .30-30 Win. Man, is that a fun rifle, esp with pumpkins. With it came several boxes of ammo.

As I head out for a disappointing search for more at the stores, would some folks let me know some of the pre-chinese-cooties prices so I can determine how much lube I'll need to bring with me. ;)

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I recently acquired a Marlin 336 in .30-30 Win. Man, is that a fun rifle, esp with pumpkins. With it came several boxes of ammo.

As I head out for a disappointing search for more at the stores, would some folks let me know some of the pre-chinese-cooties prices so I can determine how much lube I'll need to bring with me. ;)

Was always around about $20-22 per box of 20 at best. Suggest investing in a die set, some brass, primers, and powder. I haven’t seen any 30-30 on the shelf in the big box retailers even in about a month. Reloading supplies are still out there online though.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Pre covid ppu was $11-13 winchester & federal cheap stuff was $15-17. Now it's almost unobtanium. I purchased a die set right after covid hit and paid $36 per 100 of 170gr Sierra.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    thank you all. I know seeking cartridges will be a real treasure hunt. I've been saving my brass should I try my hand at reloading. Another investment the wife doesn't understand. But at least I can better judge an ok deal (by today's standards) or a complete rip-off.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    You can get started reloading with a Lee kit. Everything except the components is included. Cost will depend on which press is in the kit. Now if you prefer a Dillon startup, they produce a 500 press which will do several different calibers.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    I was paying $16-$20 for Remington/federal/Winchester pre-covid. I’d get it at Walmart and cabelas back in the day.

This....and a few times i found some at gun shows that was a little cheaper in bulk...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom