• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Well, after being inspired by TopPredator and BlackWhiskey over at SnipersHide I went ahead and did my own AICS .22 project. I originally was going to do a Savage MKII into the Well G96 Gas Airsoft stock with Aluminum chasis that I bought 2 weeks ago but I changed rifles last second. I stopped into a local gunshop today and they had the Marlin XT-22 Threaded model for only $20 more than the Savage base model and they cut me a deal on an extra mag so I bit and took it home. I tore the AICS stock down to bare bones and studied it for a bit and then off to Lowes I went in search of supplies. In reality, the actual "Work" involved was about 30 minutes but I agonized over every step and while I wasn't measuring per se, I was eyeballing it VERY closely. I will get into the build at a later time and do a complete walkthrough, but sufficient to say it is as if the Marlin XT-22 was designed for this stock. I don't really know if there are very many donor airsoft stocks out there right now as I got the 2nd to last one that Airsplat had at the time and the guy on the phone said they weren't getting any more. I hope the complete walkthrough in the next few days will help out anyone who is able to find a donor stock and also has a Marlin XT-22 laying around.

I threw a quick base and scope on there for the pictures as I placed an order for a DIP one piece mount and some rings for the spare scope I have laying around.

cimg1480f.jpg

cimg1482k.jpg

cimg1481c.jpg

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Nice! I was contemplating the same swap for my XT-22. Look forward to more details.

Did you modify the airsoft receiver to accept the XT or make your own mounts?

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Nice! I was contemplating the same swap for my XT-22. Look forward to more details.

Did you modify the airsoft receiver to accept the XT or make your own mounts?

Really the only thing I had to do was take the airsoft stock down from the main grip forward and trim a bit of the chasis off. Then the stock comes with 2 mounting blocks that slide inside the aluminum chasis. I used the biggest one for the rear screw with a steel spacer and a washer and the front screw I didn't even need the mounting block, I just used 3 washers on the top and one on the bottom and then lined up the barrel and action to look straight and even, and then then torqued the screws down and done as far as mounting it. I then took the dremel to the skins to open it up a bit for the bottom screws and the rear tang of the rifle and bobs your uncle.....done. I will be posting more detailed pics and a video how-to later in the week, I just wanted to get this up since I was sooooooo stoked to get it done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom