• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    I'm getting ready to buy a house which means I am finally thinking about buying a gun safe. I have them locked up in cabinet now buying anything serious because I didn't want to move a giant piece of hardware.

So where around here can I go to get one? Which places will deliver to California, MD area?

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Depends on how much you want to spend. I got my first one from Costco. Good deal on a Liberty, but not top of the line. Gotta remember to go bigger than you think. You'll outgrow it way too quickly.

Search MDS for "gun Safe" you should find an abundance of info.

DROB

member...
    Jul 25, 2011
    North of the MD border...
    I don't know the quality or the manufacturer's but I was quickly breezing through the sale AD at Dick's and they had some good looking safes and they also offered home delivery.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    There is a place in Waldorf (not the one already mentioned) that has a good reputation. Pay to have it delivered, regardless of who you buy it from, its worth it. :thumbsup:

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    If you never leave the house, you don't need a safe. I hate to say it but the belair pawn and tackles safe store has some good prices. They have some closeout safes.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    What place is that?

It is on the left side as you go north on Rt 5 before the railroad tracks. There is a furniture store next to it. Can't remember the name tho. Something like County or Country Furniture is next to it. Between the Mc D's and Surplus stores (except they are on the opp:rolleyes:osite side of the road).

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Take a look at Zanotti Armor, the original modular safe company.

Easy to move and you can set your safe in some hard to reach areas like closets or rooms with non standard doors that a conventional may not fit due size.

Www.zanottiarmor.com

I have Sturdy Safe and they offer curbside, drop gate delivery.

You just need to move and set the safe yourself which is easy if you rent a heavy appliance mover and have some friends to help.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    www.sturdysafe.com has a very nice product - more go than show from what my research has shown and even though they are based in CA - the price INCLUDES delivery. Lot will depend on what you really want in a safe and how much you want to spend as I'm sure there are plenty of options out there. Some will be in your bulls-eye, some won't...

-- sheesh -- should read more carefully -- +1 to Huckleberry's comment about Sturdy Safes...

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    www.sturdysafe.com has a very nice product - more go than show from what my research has shown and even though they are based in CA - the price INCLUDES delivery. Lot will depend on what you really want in a safe and how much you want to spend as I'm sure there are plenty of options out there. Some will be in your bulls-eye, some won't...

-- sheesh -- should read more carefully -- +1 to Huckleberry's comment about Sturdy Safes...

NP, Shamrock. We have a lot of Sturdy owners on the forum and some members (H2U) have even toured the factory and met our girl.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    steve's safes, where i got my fort knox. he's at most of the VA gun shows, not sure if he does any of the MD shows. was a good price and great service (delivery).

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Huck, great link. I have been on 6mmbr but hadn't found that link yet.

In the market to upgrade and will be looking at the Sturdy safes closely. If you can offer any advice and recommendations, let me know.

dromano

Apr 3, 2009
    I'd suggest a Dakota safe. They come in 4 boxes and are reasonably easy to assemble or disassemble to move if necessary. Distance may be an issue if you're in Southern Maryland but Thompson's Safes in Frederick is a relaible dealer. He usually goes to gun shows and will bring the safe with prior arrangement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom