• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    This may take a while to get all the cosmos lined up right, but it could be fun to make a one-day to-and-back trip to the CMP store.

Anybody have any ideas on this? It's about a seven hour drive from Towson, so we'd need to leave early to get all our shopping in...

I'm not really up for an over-nighter with any of you:lol2:, but if we left here at 6am, that puts us in Camp Perry around 1pm, giving us 4 hours in the store....

Who cares when we get home, we'd have our new toys to play with on the ride home.......

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    1. better to get in right when they open, you will have better traffic conditions both ways.

2. It's cheaper to ship than pay Ohio sales tax.....

3. keep me posted on possible trip dates.....

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    1. better to get in right when they open, you will have better traffic conditions both ways.

2. It's cheaper to ship than pay Ohio sales tax.....

3. keep me posted on possible trip dates.....

Good point on the tax, but I figured you could better hand pick something, although it seems like everybody is always very pleased with what they receive....

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Spot77 and I did this a few years ago. It's not a bad trip at all.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I don't imagine prices are any cheaper in the store? Daily Specials?:innocent0 Blue Light Specials:D?

Nope.....but you get to hand pick your rifle. Mine had a basically unfired barrel on it and I only got it because the person working the floor was restocking the racks as other rifles sold that day. He walked up to me and said that I had better take a good look at this one.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Lets start tossing dates around,,, and see what sticks. I just need a week or so to get vac day in.
    Tom

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    I'm thinking May/June maybe? Not sure how long it takes to get paperwork in order ahead of time, and one other consideration for us is what they have or are getting in stock at what point... We'll need to keep an ear out for upcoming shipments...?

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    I'm thinking May/June maybe? Not sure how long it takes to get paperwork in order ahead of time, and one other consideration for us is what they have or are getting in stock at what point... We'll need to keep an ear out for upcoming shipments...?

You can take care of just about everything (except the shooting verification ) while you're there. Just bring the required ID and they'll notarize it there and you can also join the GCA while you're there, as well...

Jamie

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    Don't need a C&R. They are allowed to ship to anyone's (who qualifies) house...

Jamie

So your telling me that even though I don't have a c&r, they will still send me an M1 to my house? Do the do the nics check there or something. I'm not doubting you but I need clarification.

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    So your telling me that even though I don't have a c&r, they will still send me an M1 to my house? Do the do the nics check there or something. I'm not doubting you but I need clarification.

Yes, the order form is notarized and the NICS check is conducted at the store or warehouse. CMP (officially/legally the Corporation for the Promotion of Rifle Practice and Firearms Safety, a registered charity) is specifically chartered by Congress to do this, as a holdover from its days as the Army's Director of Civilian Marksmanship/National Board for the Promotion of Rifle Practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom