• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • northside

Jun 24, 2009
    I am curious to know what firearms are producted in our state. I know LWRC makes AR rifles on the Eastern Shore. I was told resently that the Beretta PX4 is also made in Maryland. What else?

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    My brother-in-law's brother used to work at the Beretta factory in Accokeek and I think they mostly make pistols for the police, military, and civilians. He once told me about how he got to hold Robocop's gun, who knew it was real and made by Beretta? My Bobcat(21A) was made there and the military's 9mm M9 pistol(92fs) is also made there.

"RoboCop's gun, referred to in the script as an Auto-9, was a modified Beretta M93R: The barrel was extended and modified to resemble a casket. The weapon has two fire modes, semi-automatic and three-round burst, the latter giving it its reference name, because when bursts are fired in quick succession the weapon seems automatic, though M93Rs are not automatic."

Attachments

• robocop.jpg
      robocop.jpg
      30 KB · Views: 452
    Last edited:

northside

Jun 24, 2009
    Thanks for the quick replies. I am in the market for a new piece or two and was thinking that it would be nice to buy something that supports our fellow Marylanders!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    While Beretta / Binelli/ Stoger / Uberti USA, etc has some mfg and large distribution presence in MD , is part of International corperation, you decide how that fits your criteria.
    Fulton is largest of indiginous independents. But any number of what are basically custom gunsmiths will hold liscences as Manufaturers .

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

Last edited:

northside

Jun 24, 2009
    While Beretta / Binelli/ Stoger / Uberti USA, etc has some mfg and large distribution presence in MD , is part of International corperation, you decide how that fits your criteria.

Point taken. But while it's not locally owned, it is staffed with local workers correct?

00-Guy

Feb 15, 2008
    Seitz is made in Sparks. They make top of the line trap guns. Start to finish manufacturing.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    My Stoger is made in Brazil, but the Binelli is form MD

My Stoeger Cougar (handgun) is made in Turkey, on ex-Beretta of Italy equipment. It's surprising to learn that Stoeger shotguns are produced on a whole different continent!

I suspect that at least some of Beretta's pistol components are also produced overseas, even if final assembly is done here to meet their contract agreements with the US Army.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom