Appleseed Finally Comes To Maryland X 3!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    Appleseed Finally Comes To Maryland X 3! NEW FALL 2010 Dates Are Online For Signup!

Who: YOU
    What: Appleseed
    When: Sat -Sun: April 24-25; May 22-23; June 26-27
    Sept 11-12, Oct 9-10, Nov 6-7, AND Dec 11-12 8.30AM-4PM
    Where: Anne Arundel Fish and Game Assc Annapolis, MD
    Why: To attempt to earn the coveted "Rifleman" designation!

Link is hot for online sign up: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/as_schedule2.php

Note: The May date listed online is wrong, and is being corrected to the one above:

These events will be 22LR ONLY!!!
    Slots are limited to 15 per class, so don't delay in signing up.

If these events are a success, there will be more forthcoming. With the help of interested parties, we will attempt to set up centerfire shoots for future dates as well as utilize larger facilities. (as a side note, even the centerfire Appleseeds are shot at 25yrds, the overwhelming majority of the time)

Kids 21 and under, women, active duty, reserve and guard military shoot FREE
    All others see prices online. Sign-up MUST be done online.
    Everybody including the "free" shooters listed above, MUST be signed up online.
    It is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that there will be room for walk-ons at these events. There is just so much room on the line.... I apologize in advance
    See the links for the REST of the important details...

http://www.rwva.org/
    Check out this site to learn more, what to bring, recommended equipment.
    Also check the forums linked there, including info on how to set up a Liberty Training Rifle. :D:
    BeSwift

Last edited:

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    Can I attend with my wife? Only one 22 rifle.

You're both gonna be in the line at the same time and things move at a pretty fast pace.

Bring the wife.. (just make sure you sign her up!) If you need a "loaner" It's likely myself or many others here would be able to assist.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    I have said a couple time that it seems that the National Guard is horrible at scheduling our drills on weekend that i want to do something. This proves it.

duty weekends.

April UTA = Apr 24-25
    May UTA = May 22-23

I'll try for June.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I see there's an option to do Saturday only, and a note says "all the skills will be taught on Saturday." Apparently Sunday builds on and reinforces what was covered the day before.

So my question is, how much would I be missing out if I did Saturday only?

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    You'd get the basics. Not many folks make rifleman scores on day 1. If you can only do Sat, then do it.
    If you don't make it you'll have the tools to practice to get it next time. My .02 BeSwift

I see there's an option to do Saturday only, and a note says "all the skills will be taught on Saturday." Apparently Sunday builds on and reinforces what was covered the day before.

So my question is, how much would I be missing out if I did Saturday only?

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    She said yes! The wife is enrolled!

What is the round count?

30yr old Marlin Model 60 will do the trick, ya?

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I've signed up my son and myself for this in April. A question for those more knowledgeable than me, how should I attach a sling to a 10/22? And what type of sling is recommended?

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    You'll want 1 1/4 " sling swivels and a military web sling cotton or nylon. This is critical. You'll likely need aftermarket accessories or upgrade of stock. I went with a Hogue overmolded and love it.

I've signed up my son and myself for this in April. A question for those more knowledgeable than me, how should I attach a sling to a 10/22? And what type of sling is recommended?

Corey G

Worst Speller Ever
    Jan 24, 2009
    New Oxford PA
    What are most people shooting, 25 meters/200 yards is pretty far for many 22LR on open sites. I have a bolt action marlin that I like with a small scope but I usally only shoot that out too 100 yards.

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    What are most people shooting, 25 meters/200 yards is pretty far for many 22LR on open sites. I have a bolt action marlin that I like with a small scope but I usally only shoot that out too 100 yards.

All shooting will be done @ 25yrds at reduced size targets, so zero your rifle accordingly.
    BeSwift

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom