• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes, but .....

Form 20's to cross a state line.
    4-203 transport rules within Md.
    Probably would want a Trust for her to use without you standing next to her, or vice versa , depending on whose name on Form 1.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Yes, but .....

Form 20's to cross a state line.
    4-203 transport rules within Md.
    Probably would want a Trust for her to use without you standing next to her, or vice versa , depending on whose name on Form 1.

The Form 20 can be filled out every year, so that you can take it out of the state whenever you wish.

Having her as a co-trustee is the best bet in this situation. If the name of the trust is on the Form 1, then a member of the trust is allowed to use and possess the item.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    You live in Glen Burnie. You should stop by Scott's Gunsmithing and see what can be done with custom Cerakote or Duracote colors. We have a really cool custom HBAR in pink and black. Might give you an idea for something beyond traditional black or FDE since appearance matters to her.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    How is she going to be using it? If pretty exclusively fromthe bench, a heavier AR is going to be nicer to shoot. I don't think hard kicker for anything in .223/5.56, but the only other AR other than my 9lb 20" HBAR I've shot now was a 6lbs real light weight and the difference in recoil was extremely noticeable. not uncomfortable, but noticeable.

I am looking forward to the AR pistol I just built, but wondering how it'll recoil. It is a touch under 6lbs with a linear comp, which will up recoil a bit. Probably fine :-) not like I spent any real time or money shaving weight on it.

Anyway, what is the price range? Some mild attention paid to parts selection can shave a lot of weight. Aero ultralight rings are about 3.2oz for cantelivered 1" mount. My current off name brand rings come in at just over 5oz. A PEPR mount is a little over 8oz.

That right there saves about 5oz paying attention to part selection. A somewhat simple 1-4x32 or 3-9x40 optic tends to weigh in around 11-14oz. Some of the higher end AR optics with parallax adjustment, turret rings, etc. for even something like a 1-4x24 might be 16-18oz and some of those 3-9x40s with all the bells and whistles might be 20-24oz.

A basic red dot might be 5-7oz.

Just going with a standard 16" HBAR barrel with an A2 flash hider on it and standard just about everything else is going to weigh in around 7-7.25lbs. Reasonably smart mount and optic selection can keep it around 8lbs and a little attention to parts selection could probably shave another 3-6oz without spending much, like skeletonized and/or Ti gas block, a fairly light weight and NOT excessively long handguard, etc.

Heck, one thing to even think of if you don't want to really spend any money, but want to lose weight...a standard BCG is about 8oz and a full auto BCG is about 9oz and standard BCG tend to be slightly cheaper...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Unless you are already into the NFA world, get relatively moderate weight fluted HRAR bbl, such as offered by Engage. Toss up between 16in and 14.7 with pinned flash hider. I'd be comfortable with a perment A2 on a normal length bbl, but some people like to change muzzle devices like I change socks.

Further weight management is done by not hanging stuff off the rifle.

I like basic A2 sights, but everybody looks at me as if I was advocating cars that start with cranks in the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom