Who Wants to Help US Shut Down Annapolis Again?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The title says it all, given the news conference today, and the constant remarks back to 2013, it would appear that the Democrats are planning to build on 2013.

So, the planning starts now, who's in and what can you bring to the table, even if it just you showing up.

Senate Gun Bill Day: Wednesday March 9th

House Gun Bill Day: Tuesday March 15th.

Last edited:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I'd like to get some legislators and possibly the governor to take a stand and not hide when we combat the asses in the general assembly. I noticed the governor showed up 2 days after 2A Tuesday to support hunters, but did not show up to support the Second Amendment. I think it is time we get some support for our efforts.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Strategically speaking, I wonder if it makes sense to try to shut them down on a non-firearm related day - i.e. pick a bill that we don't like and rally around that. Let them know that their anti-2a votes have consequences that can make life difficult for them when they attempt to pass other pet pieces of legislation. Catch them off guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I'd like to get some legislators and possibly the governor to take a stand and not hide when we combat the asses in the general assembly. I noticed the governor showed up 2 days after 2A Tuesday to support hunters, but did not show up to support the Second Amendment. I think it is time we get some support for our efforts.

Dale Gertz, the president of the hunters group, was a financial supporter of Hogan.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Here's another story on it ...

Md. Democrats pushing to strengthen state’s already strict gun laws

Democratic lawmakers in Maryland on Wednesday proposed a package of gun bills designed to keep firearms off college campuses and out of the hands of felons, domestic abusers and suspected terrorists.

Raskin on Tuesday announced legislation that would mandate background checks for purchases of rifles and shotguns and provide new tools to help alert local law enforcement when individuals who are barred from buying firearms try to purchase such weapons.

Existing Maryland law requires criminal-background checks for handguns but not for shotguns and rifles. Raskin said his proposed changes “reflect common sense and are clearly constitutional.”

So beyond a federal NICS check, is he proposing a 77R requirement (with the attendant one week wait) for all firearm purchases, including shotguns and rifles? Or only* trying to block private sales in between individuals?

*and I'm not trying to minimize - I think that this would be egregious as well - just distinguishing from the 77R statement.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    And after today's events, who knows what they'll pull.

I am pissed. Their useless legislation has done nothing to protect me, my family and the state. While we don't have full details of the incident in Abingdon, it just reinforces that no one is safe anywhere, yet the imbecile legislators keep pushing meaningless laws that they have no proof of the effectiveness of the laws and they refuse to pass legislation to keep criminals off the streets.

As we have witnessed today, we do not know how long any of us has. We have NO time to wait for the politically correct time to press the issue of criminal justice or self preservation and self protection. I have been one to promote patience and a "long game" approach, but no more. We need results and we need them now. If a thug's family can be awarded a $6.4 million settlement, before trials have even been decided, then we can get a small bone and be allowed to feel safe by being able to protect ourselves and by knowing that criminals will not be free to roam the streets.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If you can get around the Sun's paywall
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-gun-bills-20160210-story.html

From the story:
    One bill would ban firearms from all public universities and community colleges. Currently, the schools set their own policy. Last year, Washington College was shut down for a week while authorities searched for a student who had brandished a gun on campus.
    Another bill would require gun owners to surrender their firearms if a judge grants a domestic violence protective order against them.

A third would expressly prohibit someone on the FBI's terrorism watch list to purchase a gun. President Barack Obama has called for such a ban, as has Maryland's Democratic Rep. Chris Van Hollen.

Those bills are:
    SB 906 http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&tab=subject3&id=sb0906&stab=01&ys=2016RS

SB965 http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&tab=subject3&id=sb0965&stab=01&ys=2016RS

HB1000 http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&tab=subject3&id=hb1000&stab=01&ys=2016RS

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I think the time has come to stop wearing three piece suits or khakis and blue blazers when standing up to those who mean to lord over us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom