• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    Off topic a bit, but I find myself in need of an attorney to handle a personal injury (auto accident) claim. First time I've had this need, so I'm fishing in the dark here, and prefer to use someone based on recommendations, rather than advertising. Looking for someone who has a track record of actually going to court on PI claims. Not interested in someone who settles out of court most times. Can anyone here offer suggestions? Thanks.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    We have SEVERAL Atty's here that might could help you.... industry Partners as well. With all the free advice, hats ect they give here that would be my choice not knowing one anymore.

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    Just a word of advice as a former (reformed) attorney who handled a fair share of PI. You generally get a pretty fair settlement when you have a decent case. Those that go to trial are mostly not good cases, or driven by claimants who are unrealistic. I did take a few good cases to trial but most that ended up in court were losers from the get-go. Not sure what your situation is, but finding an attorney who will "not settle" is not the same as finding a good attorney.

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    Just a word of advice as a former (reformed) attorney who handled a fair share of PI. You generally get a pretty fair settlement when you have a decent case. Those that go to trial are mostly not good cases, or driven by claimants who are unrealistic. I did take a few good cases to trial but most that ended up in court were losers from the get-go. Not sure what your situation is, but finding an attorney who will "not settle" is not the same as finding a good attorney.

Thanks for the advice. No real interest in going to court on this. Mostly looking for an attorney with a reputation that the insurance company will respect... An attorney friend from grad school who now lives in free America suggested this. (He doesn't have any first-hand references here, hence my query to the group.)

This. Courtroom pyrotechnics are no substitute for good facts and a lawyer who knows how to get the most out of them. Especially in Frederick.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    My law partner handles a lot of these. Takes some to trial and settles others. Will always give solid advice on pros and cons of either course of action. We are local in Frederick. PM me if interested.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Not sure if he does PI, but PM fabsroman. He is a member here and a hell of a nice guy.

Thanks for thinking about me. You're not supposed to tell people I am a nice guy. Attorneys are supposed to be pitbulls with no conscience. Having kids has made me soft.

Late to this thread, but as an fyi I do handle personal injury matters, especially auto accidents. Worked three years at a plaintiffs firm and handled a ton of auto accident cases. Then, worked almost three years at a defense firm and was on the other side of the matter representing the defendants (a/k/a insurance companies). I truly hate the entire process, but I understand it and am pretty good at it. End of the day, like almost anything, it comes down to what facts can be proven. Much better to work up a case from the very beginning versus getting something after the vehicles have been repaired, the accident scene has changed, witnesses have disappeared, etc.

OP - I hope your injuries aren't too extensive and that you recover quickly. One of my long time clients that I have done tax returns for on a regular basis was involved in a car accident back in September and she is having spinal surgery in a couple of weeks because of it. Both she and I wish the guy never rear ended her.

The thing about personal injury cases is that the more lucrative they are for the client and me, the more pain and suffering and permanent damage the client has gone through. It is nice to get clients what they deserve in an attempt to make them whole again, but with the big ones they are never really whole again. I'm getting philosophical here now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom