• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    whats going on guys. whats hot right now in harford county. i hear crappy/bass are biting at the quarry in j-towne

Explain how to get into the quarry by boat, please.

If it's the same area I'm thinking of, then it's always been miserably shallow trying to sneak in there. I've launched at Mariner's Point and fished around Rumsey's plenty......I'm assuming the quarry is that area west of Mariner's point that you slide into from the river? In the pic below, X marks Mariner Point Park, the circled area is where I've tried to get into via that long canal, and the two squared areas are what I assume you mean by the quarry?

Maybe I can't get into that area by boat?

Attachments

• Mariner's Point 1.JPG
      Mariner's Point 1.JPG
      147.5 KB · Views: 189

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Spot I usually wait for hi tide and blast in there at about 50 mph when i whant to fish the quarry by boat. The fun part is timing it to get out.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Spot I usually wait for hi tide and blast in there at about 50 mph when i whant to fish the quarry by boat. The fun part is timing it to get out.

That's what I was afraid of.

In fact, about two years ago I was fishing around the piers near the ramp and saw somebody FLYING up in there and thought to myself, "Holy crap, that guy is gonna' get F%#$@$ up!"

I was kicking mud before getting even close....I guess I'll have to go wide open on plane in there....that'll get me about 6 inches more water under me....:innocent0

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    tore up the large mouth bass yesterday. going again tonight after work, and yellow perch tuesday morning. im always up for company if anybody wants to go. Come summer ill get the boat out and its white perch and flounder all day.

davidlj

FM6
    Oct 24, 2008
    Glen Burnie MD
    Ate what I was told was peacock bass while on two week active duty 1991 Howard AFB. Some of the shift went fishing and I threw away my time in a open water dive that should have been used fishing. They fried up pretty good on our next duty shift in the fire station.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    got my boat trailer titled this week...can't wait for this season!

My boat is ready except for putting the '09 fishing sticker on it. My spring trolling spread is planned and all rigged up, and I'm chomping at the bit for spring trophy rockfish season!
    :party29:

I'd like to get a couple cracks at some lower Potomac trophy blue cats near the WW bridge before I tee it up in the bay for rockfish. Then, I'd like to do a little C&R preseason rockfishing before opening day. I'm planning on bringing my boat down from its dry-storage on the Magothy and renting a slip the last two weeks of April in Chesapeake Beach. Right now, the bay from Cheaspeake Beach to the mouth of the Choptank is on fire; details here:

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/chesapeake-angler-original-board-maryland-angler/

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    We just put the boat in her slip at Chesapeake Beach. Just waitin for Raytheon to send back the fishfinder and radar screen. Right now I've got a bluefin jiggin trip in Hatteras for the weekend but after that its all stripers all spring.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Dude I have to say Tru-Tungsten for the win. I got the baby bass and shad each in both fast sink and floating. Took the fast sink baby bass out today and this baby killed it about 10 feet from shore. It was one of the coolest strikes I have ever had because I saw it the whole time swim up from underneath and behind and just SLAM it. It was again the only fish of the day for me but damn what a fish. I swear my digital scale is wonky or broken because this baby supposedly only weighed slightly over 4lbs and the one I caught the other day seemed smaller but weighed over 5lbs. Gotta take it (the scale cause I release all my fish) into my grocery store and verify it against our meat packing scale. I am SOLD on the Tru-Tungsten 4 incher and my fishing buddy already wants to go to tacklewarehouse.com and get himself some.

0327091756.jpg

And my buddy had to hold it to see the heft and I had to take a picture of its maw of a mouth.

0327091757.jpg

And here is the other 4+ pounder caught 2 days ago at a different pond. Caught her on the very first cast of the day about 3 reels of the handle in on a white spinnerbait.

03250913260001.jpg

Hammer28

Mar 6, 2008
    Laurel
    I'm looking for some good fishing holes in Howard County. Don't own a boat so looking for some descent bank fishing. Any ideas?

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Maryland and Virginia Reciprocal License Agreement

“Maryland and Virginia share a common set of fisheries management and water quality goals and are interested in expanding fishing opportunities for our fishermen, said Harley Speir, Assistant Director of Policy and Regulatory Division for DNR Fisheries Service. “This reciprocal agreement will give each state’s fishermen the opportunity for unique fishing experiences in the other state’s waters.” :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom